Ebay sellers in Thailand

wonderlust

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:red]You need to find something unique , sell it for a few weeks or months , and if the comperitors come in move on to the next thing,

[color:red]" its not easy , but THais (or USA housewifes ) are happy to make an extra $50-$100 a week, and these ae the people you are competing with....

One last thing, watch your ebay costs , they will eat up all your profits , every item that does NOT sell costs you money , Look at completed auctions and see how many things did NOT sell "[/color][/color]

Man Gringo ,

After 2 years personal experience trying to establish a fruitful ebay business I propose to have your above quoted words to be signed by any newly appearing ebay- seller . It is almost impossible to establish a profitable ebay business that lasts for a while. Anything you successfully do is transparent to anybody and it will be copied . You get much more money if you sell retail through a shop . Ebay in its promotion constantly uses huge transaction numbers as proof for successful business ; I doubt there are many people making money on ebay for a longer period .

BuBi

There was a poster on Nanapong who paid for his bi-annual trips to LOS by sales on eBay. He started selling Buddhist amulets and did so before anyone else. When others started copying him, he switched to more expensive gold and silver amulets. Nowadays, eBay is glutted with amulets and none seem to be selling. The guy disappeared from Nanapong and I presume can no longer afford his trips here. (He said he was a barber!)

I know one person who makes a very good living here on ebay, but he uses ebay as a marketing tool rather than a business model. He has been living in asia over 25 years now and pre-internet days was getting certain products manufactured in China and then selling them in Europe, ebay has allowed hin to stay at home more.

I probably know more people who make money via online gambling.

I had the idea to compete with eBay, thus I started iListingPlace.com.

I checked to sell some things on eBay and got pissed at all the charges that quickly rang up before I sold one thing!

The cost was not so much to get the website up and running, now it is a matter of getting traffic to the site.

...and it is free to post at www.iListingPlace.com

Anything you successfully do is transparent to anybody and it will be copied . You get much more money if you sell retail through a shop

Thats very true, 5-6 years age I was making quite large profits selling genuine designer sunglasses on e-bay, the arrival of chinese fake's stopped that almost overnight, the fakes were selling for half the price the genuine items were costing me. Nobody has mentioned it yet, but it's also possible (and frequently easier) to make money buying off e-bay, especially when sellers have used the 'buy it now' format and been unaware of the market value of the item they're selling. Recently I bought a set of 3 Martin mini mac moving head lights for £150, I spent £60 on a bulb and drive belt, and resold them on e-bay (auction format) for £760, not a bad profit for a couple hours work. A few weeks ago I found 6 OHM 'Saturn' speakers for £10 each in a similar 'buy it now' sale, these are high performance professional units which cost £800 each new. I've not sold them yet, but when I do, there's a large profit waiting. Money is still being made on e-bay, but it's just not as easy or simple as it once was.

[color:red]You need to find something unique , sell it for a few weeks or months , and if the comperitors come in move on to the next thing,

[color:red]" its not easy , but THais (or USA housewifes ) are happy to make an extra $50-$100 a week, and these ae the people you are competing with....

One last thing, watch your ebay costs , they will eat up all your profits , every item that does NOT sell costs you money , Look at completed auctions and see how many things did NOT sell "[/color][/color]

Man Gringo ,

After 2 years personal experience trying to establish a fruitful ebay business I propose to have your above quoted words to be signed by any newly appearing ebay- seller . It is almost impossible to establish a profitable ebay business that lasts for a while. Anything you successfully do is transparent to anybody and it will be copied . You get much more money if you sell retail through a shop . Ebay in its promotion constantly uses huge transaction numbers as proof for successful business ; I doubt there are many people making money on ebay for a longer period .

BuBi

Sell T-shirts , just give me my cut :)

I know a couple people doing well still on ebay , but they did well before ebay ,

We are basically junk dealers , find something at a yard sale , swap meet and resell it ,

Ebay was great 5 years ago, great pissing matches between buyers to buy the "rare" stuff,

but after 5 years very little is rare anymore :(

plus now everyone is using snipe programs to bid at the last seconds which kills off bidding wars,

I own tons of stuff to sell , so its more being too lazy to clean stuff up and list it ,

Today if you want to start doing Ebay check out what you like and understand , see if there is any profit in that,

Also stay away from computer stuff , it becomes obsolete too quick andthen its worth nothing.

If you live in Thailand it might be interesting to have some stuff made , just remember that shipping costs are high so make something that will fit in a priority envelope....

thats all......time to go shopping at after Christmas sales.....

I had the intention to build e real business via Ebay with proper accountancy , investing into sufficient stocks and proper planning throughout . A clean and serious structure .

What I did not realise was that I was the only one in the ring with this layout . The average seller and customer are on the warpath for the best deal no matter at what circumstances . If you have a fabulous product for 100 they will buy junk for 60 if it looks the same , no questions asked . Since I sell junk for 30 I am the king , ratings 99,6 % positive . All from China , made for the dustbin . You got to adjust .

BuBi

People like buying cheap !

and just because you have a better product made in your country , they will still buy the cheaper item and save 5%

We had a large business 20 years ago trying to work off the "Buy American" idea, we made them in the USA but the Taiwanese copied our products and sold them to our comperitors cheaper then we could make them.

If I did it again I would do like buffalo_bill and just sell low cost junk.

You live You learn....

OC

People finding a cheaper source is always a problem. I think that's the main issue for Farang trying to sell Thai product.

The Thais will almost always be able to get the same thing for less than us, which means they can sell it for less too.

Once they see a product is hot, the market gets flooded and it's worthless. The amulet craze is a perfect example.

Archived