Hotels Near Soi Cowboy

unit731

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I am staying at Town Lodge the third night and it is indeed a very nice hotel. I has some individual feel with its wooden floors and the lights below the bed. In total a good and simple design and worth its price. :thumbup:

Located at the end of Soi 16 (just opposite to Soi 23 and therefore in walking distance to Soi Cowboy) which is a dead end street it should be a very quite place, but unfortunately it isn't.

Every day around 7-8 am I wake up from the construction noise from a massive development (one or two huge buildings) behind the hotel. This morning the blaring Thai TV in the next room did not help neither. :(

Therefore, I won't stay at Town Lodge again until the buildings in the back of the hotels are finished. Next week I will try Grottino, if it isn't booked out.

I think you mean Soi 18, not 16. :)

You can get bad noise luck with any hotel at any time without it being the hotel's fault, of course. Had that at various times at Grottino, depending on what its neighbours are doing with their buildings. Soi 18's a pretty quiet soi normally.

Stay away from Grottino! It's got very dodgy characters in it. :) I'm pretty sure it's booked out anyway. Sadly, an increasing number of 'normals' are staying there, helping to book it out. I'm not sure why couples, backpackers, couples with babies need to stay at a sanuk friendly hotel in the middle of 'sex tourist alley' at peak times but I wish they'd fuck off to the sanuk-unfriendly places in locations more suited to them instead of filling sanuk-friendly ones. :cussing:

• 2 weeks later...

I spent last night at the Town Lodge. I was going to spend two nights here, but won't.

The construction noise is not too bad, but when I first stepped into the room I was almost overcome by the smoke from the previous tentant, so much so that I when straight to the front desk and asked for another room. Their response was to first say "Don't you smoke", like it was my problem. Then tell me I was a 'Good man' for not smoking and then send a maid up with some air freshener. That didn't help, but I was tired to I just decide to move out the next day.

Now if I put my rose coloured glasses on, and look around the room, it's not all that bad, no bugs, but they may have left because of the smoke smell, who knows. It is a walk to the main road, but not too far (note Sunday is a holiday for the free TuK TuK ride that is promised.

To me, there is better value to be had for your 1400B, I'm moving up to the Queen Suites on 20/1, they looked better and closer when I inspected them yesterday as I when for my walk to escape the smoke smell!

I stayed at the Queen Lotus Guesthouse not the Queen suites as I mentioned ealier. Can Highly recommend this place, 1400 B inc a good breakfast works for me, close enough to Soi Cowboy to walk, far enough away to have business guests come see you. Website is www.queenlotusguesthouse.com BTW I did not have a TG come visit me, but I don't expect there would be a problem.

Archived