Is a Thai Girl worth it?

scott808

Hi, I haven't been on this site since Mar. or April. I was the guy that couldn't go to Thailand because I had a gf. (You can flame me not problem!)

Broke up with her in May. But soon after that I got another gf. This one was born in Japanese and actually went to Thailand before. She told me that I should go with my friends or with her oneday. =)

But later she asked me what my friends do over there. I said to enjoy the cultural and relax, etc. But one night when we were out with a few of my friends. (The ones that don't go to frangland) One of my idiot friends told my gf that my other friends go there for women, bar and massage.

She hit the ceiling and told me "NO! YOU NOT GOING! THEY BAKKA! YOU BAKKA!"

:(

So fast forward to 5 months later I'm still w/ the gf and things are so-so between us but I just not that happy as before w/ her.

So recently I found this free asian dating site and I met a few Thai girls there. Wow, these girls are very friendly. I couldn't believe it.

(Btw, gf doesn't know, but without talking to these girls, I wouild really be in the dumper. Very depressed lately)

Anyway, I met this one girl from Chiang Mai. Not the most beautiful girl I have ever met, but something about her just makes me so incredible attracted to her. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe her white skin? We chat sometimes when she is working. (cellular store, so I also see her webcam w/ her co-workers) and I really like her personality.

Recently she has been sending me photos of herself. With and without make up. Wow, I want to wake up next to her in the morning. So pretty!

I know I never met her in person but are Thai girls that friendly in real life? If they are, I want to go soon!

Just dreading the thought of spending Thanksgiving and the Hoildays with my gf! =(

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howzit scott808,

We all share different experiences & opinions here so take this with a grain of saltâ?¦ IMHO Thai women are pretty much the same as any women from around the world. All of the girls Iâ??ve been involved with in Thailand had/have the same wants, desires, and quirks Iâ??ve experienced with girls at home & in other countries. A Thai woman will be culturally different of course, I find they do take care of you quite well and are very cordial, but subservient theyâ??re not. I also find most have pretty strong personalities and once youâ??ve been around them for awhile other common womanly traits show up. Iâ??ve dated a lot of Asian women and married a Chinese woman, I find Thai women arenâ??t much different overall (again, aside from cultural nuances). Personality wise they can be as nice or as rotten as any women anywhere.

HTH, purely IMHOâ?¦

Ahui hou :beer:

Like anyone, it all depends on the person. Some are good and some are bad. There are pages and pages of stories from guys who have been burned by Thai women. I have had some bad personal experiences with Chinese women. I think Boomah is right, the main difference is a cultural one and for me, of all of the Asian cultures I am most comfortable with Thai culture and the Thai language and food. So when I hooked up with my fiance, it was such a breath of fresh air to be with a Thai woman again. I also agree with Boomah that Thai women are not submissive for the most part. And I agree that they can have strong personalities. I do think when they fall in love it is a very powerful love and not to be treated lightly.

If you do not have experience with Thai women then you certainly need to go get some experience before you get committed to anything serious. If you have not had a holiday in Thailand then that should be your first step. You can also go see your new Chiang Mai friend. Just keep that part of your holiday separate from your time elsewhere in the country.

You need to start with learning the meaning of sanuk!

Thanks Mainsail, for your insight!

Anybody else knows when you feel your relationship w/ your gf is going south? I can feel it coming, and I not going to be stranded on an Island sad.

I will be preparing for my trip to TL w/o telling the gf. I should apply for my passport. She thinks we will be going to her home in Japan to visit. (Little does she know I'm not planning on using it for a Japan trip)

Shit, I should dump her before Christmas!

Women are basically the same. However, I have had a hard problem completely understandng Thai women as I do American women and so I knew if I married any Thai woman she would have the upper hand. Okay, I have issues...lol...but I have heard too many stories. Plus the cultural differences. I know that by and large that I don't marry a Thai woman, I marry her family. We all love our families and would just about anything for them but they take it to a level we usually can't adjust to (at least I can't) and so for me, I wouldn't marry a Thai woman. Others have and have been successful at it and I congratulate them. Anything can happen but as far as my present feelings, I couldn't marry one. Maybe my 'game' as we weak as we used to say in my old neighborhood.

• 3 weeks later...

Scott,

Is a Thai girl worth what? Breaking up with the current girlfriend you can't stand to be around? Definitely. The cost of a plane ticket to Thailand? The Thai girl you are interested in may not be, but you are sure to find 10 or 20 other Thai girls that would make it worth the trip. If you are asking whether a Thai girl is worth giving up your freedom to marry and support the rest of you life.... I'd say there are damn few worth that and from your past posts I'd tell you to wait a long time before making that decision.

I want to see a trip report from you before Spring! No more should I go or not posts. Good luck.

Archived