Food hygienics

trooper

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having said that it sounds like your mate doesn't have a clue how to run his business and probably hired a cheap and unqualified person claiming to be able to cook in order to save money.

Agree. He wanted her because her Thai food is delicious and she was cheap. He thought she will learn the few farang dishes fast. But after seeing her in kitchen I've realized she needs more training than my friend thought.

I never eat in restaurants in Thailand' date=' only food courts and street vendors where you can see how they store and cook the food....[/quote']

Yes, you can see that they store the food in the open air where it is polluted by the lead from the exhaust fumes. :shakehead

Nah, there are so many it's easy to choose one with decent storage practices.

It really is a gamble.

"Try some Thai food" is a constant chant I hear whence in LOS.

I do, sometimes. But I would rather spend a few extra bahts for a restaurant that appears to have a high turnover and/or lots of customers. That's no guarantee that basic hygiene is followed in kitchen.

I only order a dish that is common. Not some obscure something or other that may have been sitting in the kitchen for 5 weeks.

I normally go to a restaurant in a hotel that is a higher class of hotel than I am staying at.

It truely is a gamble. A toss up.

I buy som tam from a stall where she takes the papaya out of a closed case and grates it right in front of me and takes the other ingredients from behind the glass. She buys the ingredients fresh every day and keeps the stall open until all the ingredients are used up (even she has to wait till after midnight). Who knows what sort of crappy storage and hygiene practices a restaurant follows?

Actually I think some of the safest places to eat in Thailand would be Western Chain restaurants most of them follow the hygenic standards of there own countries.I have never gotten sick in a fast food or a Western chain like Sizzler or Pizzahut in Thailand.I am not a picky eater and I do eat everywhere vendors, food courts Love thai food but truthfully everytime I have goot sick in Thailand it was after eating at a Thai restaurant or food vendor place

Archived