Champagne a go go - The milestone in high class entertainment

Famous Grouse

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's amazing how so often the general board reaction to these type of stories is that the customer must have been asking for it. :shakehead

Because, through experience and seeing this many times, its usually the customer who "asks for it".

I am only commenting on what was written, who knows the full story but I will say that a English guy is running a bar in a foreign country. A customer queries his bill for the sake of 60 baht. The Norwegian most likely speaks English. Doesn't it seem odd that it would come to fisticuffs over such a trivial amount ??

Hardly gives the English owner a good reputation for his bar if he is going to beat up his punters for the value of a drink....what would he do if the amount was 200 baht ? Kill him ?

No, sorry, don't believe the Norwegians story But then TIT.

I could just as easily read "a feeble attempt to overcharge a guy who they thought was too drunk to notice and would be easy to pounce on by several bar employees if he resisted paying."

HH

Quite possibly, but if he was too drunk, how the heck did he notice 60baht?

Rightly or wrongly, I take the attitutde that I am going to have my checkbin padded on occassions, but is it worth making a fuss for what is less than a pound ?

Munchie, I agree non of us where actually there so we don't know what actually happened in reality? Therefore all the speculation is pointless. I would say however that even if the Norwegian had been rude or mouthy the reaction appears to have been totally over the top IMHO.

I would personally also question the theory that some posters seem to have that its not worth questioning your bill if you think you have been over charged by just a small amount. How much do you have to be over charged/ripped off before you have the right to question it?! And secondly the assumption that the owner would'nt have started trouble over such a small amount? I've seen morons in Pattaya start trouble because they think someones looked at them the wrong way!

Simie.

Seems like the bar owner would use more then 60 baht of pepper spray for this incident, hardly worth the effort.

Then again, 60 baht overcharge? not a large amount but maybe worth asking about.

I have poked my head into some of the go-go places on Walking Street and was only looking and felt like I was going to take a beating if I didn't immediately buy a drink! Some of the places are extremely unfriendly unless you are throwing money into their bin!

Cavanami, again of course this is still all conjecture on our part?

The Norwegian may have been rude/mouthey? but even if that was the case the response still seems to have been way over the top IMHO? On the other hand he may have simply politely questioned his bill? I doubt the cost of the pepper spray even entered the bar owners mind either?

Simie.

I've been in Champagne two or three times. The British owner was always very friendly to me and my group (including another forum member). He bought us all drinks since we were being generous with the LDs.

I was not there either so I don't know what actually happened. I'm in Oz atm. Maybe one of our Pattaya investigators can get the other side of the story.

:beer:

Archived