Champagne a go go - The milestone in high class entertainment

Famous Grouse

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Norwegian may have been rude/mouthey? but even if that was the case the response still seems to have been way over the top IMHO

This is really the point when we read reports about this sorts of incidents. We rarely know what started the problem, there is little doubt how they end - here, a guy beaten so bad he ends up in the hospital.

Even if we speculate the guy was rude and mouthy - and we really have no idea if he was - the reaction seems clearly over the top.

You are basically weighing (a) unknown speculation about whether the guy was rude against (B) verifiable facts about the guy ending up in the hospital. I can't figure how anyone would think any of this is justified.

As a serious journalist shouldn't your first reaction be to go and interview the owner to find out if there's another side to the story?

55555555555555555 :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Thanks for the laugh! I don't know which is funnier: expecting a modern reporter to actually do any work or insinuating that FG is a serious journalist!

Cheers,

SD

Wait a MINUTE. REGARDLESS a CUSTOMER does not deserve to be GANG beaten and pepper sprayed,There are other ways too a handle an unruly customer even if he was out of line and who knows really what happened?

:confused::banghead:

We dont know the circumstances, did he pull a knife, did he hit one of the girls etc etc...I hope the beating was in line with what he did...

think you are jumping to conclusions too fast.

From what we know, how many bars have pepper spray?

After asking that question, how many bars are willing to use pepper spray over a 60 baht dispute?

How many times have any of us been over charged?

And how many of us are willing to pay the dispute and move on instead of getting beaten on? Shit, how many times has this dispute come up and we have been told to look the other way. This part of Thai culture 'never' happens.

It looks like the bar is over armed (uses pepper spray to 'enforce' almost anything) and the farang may hnot have realized by questioning the bill could produce a pepper spray attack followed by a beating.

I've been in Champagne two or three times. The British owner was always very friendly to me and my group (including another forum member). He bought us all drinks since we were being generous with the LDs.

I was not there either so I don't know what actually happened. I'm in Oz atm. Maybe one of our Pattaya investigators can get the other side of the story.

:beer:

Did you check your bill closely to see how much padding occurred? :stirthepo

Archived