Bears May Be Added To Hunting Season

Steve

Folks who grew up in the country have always hunted. It comes with the turf. But I do wonder about city folks who like to go out and kill things.

I have a friend who was a hunting guide in the mountains of East Tennessee. City boys came from places like Chicago and New York to "hunt". He got paid very well indeed, but finally quit because he couldn't take it any more. Mountain goats would be so tame they'd just stand there and shot or even walk right up to them. He said several times he saw "hunters" push a goat away from them far enough that they could aim and shoot it. The city slickers would mount the critter's head to hang in their den and show how great they were. A friend from Kansas City told me she once found one of her calves shot with about a dozen arrows during hunting season. Some arsehole(s) must have stood and fired away for the "fun" of it. And a friend with a family farm on Sand Mountain, Alabama said he went home one day to find everyone of his domestic ducks shot dead and laying to rot around his pond.

Can't say I have much respect for most hunters.

Guest lazyphil

i saw japanese tourists in BC Canada climb out of a coach, get within 50 feet of a full grown grizzly sat on the road side.....they were armed with, cameras :shocked:

but i agree, hunters should have the balls to face upto whatever out in the field. i forgot my thick gardening gloves i use to handle pike the other day and while unhooking got several cuts that took forever to stop bleeding (they have anti clotting agents i think), i didn't take out any revenge on it!.....but i'm waiting for syptoms of weils disease to kick in what with an open wound by a river :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOpKFPEah3E

Come to think of it, why not a hunting season on politicians? The US is way overdue for a cull of those useless parasites.

HOMELAND SECURITY would like to have your name and address. Nothing to worry about. Just for 'informational purposes' only.

Oh, and that delay at airport terminal. Sorry, just a 'mistake'.

Come to think of it' date=' why not a hunting season on politicians? The US is way overdue for a cull of those useless parasites.

[/quote']

HOMELAND SECURITY would like to have your name and address. Nothing to worry about. Just for 'informational purposes' only.

Oh, and that delay at airport terminal. Sorry, just a 'mistake'.

Oops. And they already know what I look like! (I'm 6' 5", had a Samoan father and an African-American mother, and live in Guam.)

Archived