Windscreen Wipers

The_Munchmaster

My windscreen wiper blades are fucked again. :(

They do this every year even though they very rarely get used. Little rain in the gulf but you do need them to wash the sand off your windscreen every so often.

The thing is they're made of rubber and they're black and as black materials absorb UV light and UV light destroys rubber then in a place with as much sun as Dubai the poor ole wiper blades don't stand much of a chance. :sad:

So why doesn't someone make, for example, white neoprene wiper blades? :hmmm:

Discuss.

blade.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My windscreen wiper blades are fucked again. :(

They do this every year even though they very rarely get used. Little rain in the gulf but you do need them to wash the sand off your windscreen every so often.

The thing is they're made of rubber and they're black and as black materials absorb UV light and UV light destroys rubber then in a place with as much sun as Dubai the poor ole wiper blades don't stand much of a chance. :sad:

a) Ya cheap cunt, they're what, $5/each. Just buy a new set!

B) In Malaysia, the thing to do was to lift them off the windscreen and leave them poking straight out/up to avoid them sticking to the hot glass. We did that at the car factory where I worked (for the new cars in the staging lot) and you would see it in a lot of normal car parks too.

c) Get these snazzy silicone wipers in one of eight stylish colours!

sub_sil.jpg

Cheers,

SD

Archived