Suicidal Gunman Shoots Up Mall

Steve

Just like in Thailand?

If someone is angry enough to kill, he or she won't say to themselves 'hmm, I don't have a gun so I'll reconsider'.

Violent has a few factors. Culture, socioeconomic, etc. If there is a violent culture, guns or the lack of it will have little effect. Just how low would crime drop if no guns were in the south Bronx? If the poverty and culture and socioeconomic factors are unchanged, very little. Knifings and other forms of death will replace gun deaths.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SuaDum's quote

[color:red]"It is because most people will not have the balls to carry through with their idle threats or moment of passion if they have to get actual blood on their hands and look their victims in the eye while doing the deed."[/color]

Excuse me, when 4 Thai men did try robbing me, I took action. Your position at the time was I was wrong and you kept harping on the subject I should take responsibility for what happened. I always thught the criminals should take responsibility. Now you seem to be saying that these people who got murdered, should have rushed the gun man with a broom or whatever they can find?

[color:red]

"BT -- now your argument loses even the smallest bit of merit it had. If you were in that mall and saw the asshole runing around shooting innocents, you would NOT take action with your concealed handgun you love to brag about??? Then you have absolutely no need for a gun, as you are not using it as you claim it is intended."
[/color]

As I previously explained, I said [color:red]"If I did get involved, you would never let it rest."[/color] Your position seems to do is that you would do nothing. So why should you critize my position when it is very similar to yours?

I might get invoved, but because of you and people that hold positions similar to yours, I probably would not. Remember when 4 Thai men tried robbing me, your position was to turn all valuables to the thiefs? The farang that got robbed before me did exactly what you adviced. He ended up with a machete blade coming down on top of his head and being left on the sidewalk for dead. I personally feel each situation has to be treated differently.

As for not getting involved, I have talked to others and they seem to share my same feeling. It is not worth it! Whatever anybody does, you will find fault with it.

If parents were allowed to spank their kids' asses, the world would be a little different.

If guns are banned, people will try making alchol illegal once more because more people die from alchol then guns.

bar44.gifbar44.gif

State Spent $265K On Hawkins' Care

OMAHA, Neb. -- Nebraska spent $265,000 and four years trying to provide help to the 19-year-old who became the Westroads Mall shooter on Wednesday afternoon.

Eight people were killed, in addition to the shooter, Robert A. Hawkins.

Gov. Dave Heineman said Hawkins became a ward of the state on Sept. 17, 2002, but parental rights were not terminated and none of his siblings were state wards. Hawkins was terminated as a state ward on Aug. 24, 2006.

Link

Archived