My friend fights for his life in bumrungrad hospital

Partyguy

"Yep, lots of folks coming from the west to use Thai hospitals now. Even if there is double pricing, it's still cheaper."

Wrong.

Cheaper than in the US, yes.

But US prices are roughly 3 times as high as prices in most other western countries (like France or Germany). Thai private hospitals are nowadays not necessarily cheaper than medical care in Europe.

However, contrary to popular myths, the standard of medical care in an ICU in Bumrungrad does not compare to the standard of care in a western ICU.

Intensive care in Thailand does not exist (ok, ok, I am generalizing... I know of 1.5 exceptions to this rule)

BTW care in the Philippines costs about a third of care in Thailand. The best hospitals over there are - generally speaking - better than a comparable hospital in Thailand, sometimes much better (ie compare Chonghua Cebu to Chiang Mai Ram, or MMC to BGH).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teddy, why should I have sympathy towards someone who has lived here for 5 years and does not have health insurance, and as I and stated, others have concurred, the $3000 / day fee is bullshit.

Agreed. Its not know as Bumingexpensiveograd for nothing but no way does it cost $3000 per day. Just sensationalist journalism being pandered as fact.

Archived