My friend fights for his life in bumrungrad hospital

Partyguy

Your friend chose to work and live here with no medical cover and than goes to the most expensive medical establishment in Thailand in his time of need.

After falling off a building onto his head and damaging his brain' date=' I don't think he actually chose the hospital himself, maybe the ambulance men decided where to take him.

[/quote']

Off a Building? I read the report and it stated "he plunged nearly five metres off his apartment buildingâ??s elevator shaft roof", hardly off a building. And as for ambulance men deciding where to take him, obviously you are showing your ignorance of A&E in Thailand with a comment like that.

Plunging nearly five metres off anything and landing on your head is no laughing matter. Pity you choose to use the incident to further your campaign against English teachers instead of showing some feckin sympathy :shakehead

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teddy, why should I have sympathy towards someone who has lived here for 5 years and does not have health insurance, and as I and stated, others have concurred, the $3000 / day fee is bullshit.

Mekong, I have sympathy for anyone who is lying in a hospital after having part of his brain removed. Profession and circumstances don't figure in the equation.

Spot on. Even in the joke of US health care I'd hope they'd be shy to charge such out of this world rates!

Nuff said.

Wish the poor guy all the best though. Apparently a very nice guy with loads of friends so shouldn't have a problem getting all the support he needs in times of need like now?

Seriously I think it's time to cut down on the way off the mark western sensational news clips in a well informed forum like this yeah :-)

Oh by the way Bamrungrad may be the most well known hospital in Thailand, but it's definitely not the most expensive one.

BNH comes to mind I'm sure there's loads others...

unfortunately the hospital cost is not an exageration, this is what they are charging. I will agree with you that travelling without insurance is a stupid thing to do, and would never leave my country without having it. He is a human being and the state he is in, has no bearing whether he was a beggar, doctor or english teacher... teaching was simply a means to stay in country he loves.

Archived