Khao San Road

Alfmaz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surely easier to take the river taxi all the way from sukhumvit??

Normally takes me about 30 mins door to street from lower suk.

True - up Klong Saen Saeb.

But changing boats at Pratunam and fighting my way up soi 3 to the pier put me off.

Also a long walk from the end of the klong boat to Khao San Road... but usually a tuk tuk or taxi motorcy's are there so could jump on one of those for 30B.

There's some good cheap Israeli food around the back.

I know exactly where you mean, Ed.

Just down the alley next to the Shell Gas Station - they do the *best* chicken schnitzel baguettes in BKK at that place. Good chips (french fries) too.

I used to eat there at least twice a week when I worked in the area.

Hi colorwolf that's the reason I've stayed away, I go to Thailand to meet Thai people, I don't want to meet too many westerner and backpackers I can do this in my country, but my friends are doing a little stop over with not much money and very little knowledge of Thailand so I said I'll meet them

There's often non-Thai birds feeling a bit lonesome on Khao San, sitting alone in the bars looking for a bit of company. :devil: I shagged a gorgeous young Jap backpacker gal and a quite tasty but very drunk Australian bird with massive tits (shagged them not at the same time, alas) that I met on Khao San. :up: Both of them came back to my hotel* for a "shower" and that was that. :smirk: A few years back, like. :rolleyes:

I used to go down there for the fake degree certificates and fake student cards, have a beer or four while I was waiting. Good for people watching (i.e. dickhead watching :doah: ) and, as I say, picking up a bit of falang "spare". :p Makes a change from shagging bargirls. :drunk:

I haven't been down there for at least five years though. It's probably even more shite now. As Lusty posted above, there are hardly any authentic back-packers any more. :nono: They're all rich bastards "doing" Asia in their "gap" summer before Oxbridge, on the gold credit card Daddy got them. :clown:

jack :help:

* Must've been a few years ago, before I "went wrong", as it wasn't the Nana Hotel. It was some posh place, I recall. Must've been way back when I was still pretending I was going to LOS for reasons other than drink and sex. :rolleyes:

Archived