House votes to ban harsh CIA methods

Flashermac

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's entirely untrue Phil. Their empire is costing them money,hundreds of billions of tax payers' dollars that could be spent on education, or that could even go towards tax cuts, giving the people more control over how they choose to use their resources.

Homelessness, poverty and house repossessions are big problems now, so the empire obviously isn't looking after the 'people'. At best it is allowing the elite to line their pockets whilst the 'people' are sent off in their thousands to die on a roadside in some foreign sand pit.

It's the world of "clandestine intelligence". One of my dad's friends had been with Army Intelligence in the China-Burma-India Theatre in WWII. He told me the locals would only accept two things in exchange for information: gold and opium. They bought the blocks of opium from the Chinese.

The CIA should have been "smashed into a thousand pieces and scattered to the wind" a long time ago. The CIA is nothing more than a bunch of murderous thugs operating completely outside the law and outside the control of the American people. They're amongst the worst terrorists in history and have organized and funded terror campaigns against civilians on every continent in the past 4 decades.

They are literally no better than the Nazi SS.

The CIA lacks proper oversight. That's the main problem. Every major country needs an intelligence agency. It was spies, and intelligence agencies and their workers that got the secret to the german and japanese codes, etc. thereby shortening the war. I'd be for ending the CIA if EVERY other country ends theirs.

Again, proper oversight is the problem. The CIA got funding for things under the guise of secrecy and had the congress approving money for things it had no clear idea what it was funding. Lunacy if you ask me. Its an invitation for trouble. I don't care what is---stealth planes, etc. whatever. It needs oversight. The defense department and the CIA have spent about 1 trillion...not B, but capital T..trillion dollars over a generation that no one has any idea what it was spent on. It went into a black hole. The defense budget eats up about a quarter of the overall budget so a trillion can go missing fairly easily when you're talking about a multi trillion dollar budget.

As far as the homeless problem, there are so many factors that go into that. Its not a black and white issue. The 'homeless' is not a homogenous group. There are many types of homeless. Some are temporary homeless, some are mentally unstable, some are vietnam vets, some are drug addicts, some are a combination thereof. There are actually some homeless who refuse to go to shelters and its not because they are unsafe or anything like that. Not a majority but some prefer to be on the street. Its not a problem that you just throw money at. Money is needed but just like anything else it has to be applied intelligently in the right way.

The problems of america aren't going to be solved by taking money away from defense. Every country, including all the ones represented on here have some decades old problems that they can't seem to solve. America is no different.

Archived