Government vision of Thai nightlife

quote:

Originally posted by Good Thai Girl:

rictic,

My friend was walking in broad day light in Pattaya quite a distance from bar areas.

Can't argue with you on Thai businessmen and Thai monks because what you said is true.
smile.gif" border="0

Can't say much about your friends incident other than it was unfortunate.

Trouble with Pattaya though is it is to all intents and purposes a large open air brothel

One thing that should please you friend though is the guy, saw her in daylight and thought she was attractive enough for him to want to pay her.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"One thing that should please you friend though is the guy, saw her in daylight and thought she was attractive enough for him to want to pay her."

Dam...I'd thought you were going to say it and you actually said it!

Why should a good thai girl be pleased and flattered when a fat sex tourist ask that line of question?????

If it happened to your daughter or your sister, what would you feel?

Heck...why should I ask..you're a farang. How can you understand our psychic.......

smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

actually,

my missus has had to fight advances several times on the skytrain or in supermarkets by some oversexed tourists. she was stalked by a complete nutcase who in the end slashed his wrists. and no, my missus dresses very conservatively, was never a bargirl, and is even not some stunning beauty in her teens.

one of the reasons we do not live in the sukkhumvit area anymore is that we had nearly every week problems with that.

>Heck...why should I ask..you're a farang. How can you understand our psychic.......<

c'mon, good thai girl, that is utter bullshit, i expected more of you. a line like that is racist and invites only further racism.

quote:

[QB

Dam...I'd thought you were going to say it and you actually said it![/QB]

I knew you were going to react like that. Thats why I put it in. You have no sense of humour 8>]

Was he really fat, not all of them are.

I'm just being realistic. I don't think I >would understand your farang psychic if I would have spent 30years living in a farangland. So I expect the same vice versa.<

i completely disagree with that statement. first of all, there is neither a thai psychology nor a farang psychology.

you i believe are from the educated urban class according to your english. my wife is from a poor rural family. i don't think that you have anything in common with my wife apart from the passport. you got born in a hospital, my wife in a ricefield. you got your education in a school and most likely in a university, my wife got her education in ricefield. for my wife spiritpossesion, ritual taboos and animated nature are reality, you believe in rationalisation. your problems are most likely to be able to compete in your profession, to be able to pay up your house, your new car. my wife's problems are that her relatives slip in prostitution and drugaddiction, that her brothers have not enough to eat.

i do not think that you have anything in common apart from carrying the same passport. and i would state that i know more about the way people like my wife's family live than you, simply because circumstances forced me to learn it.

there is no farang psychology either. there is the united states, germany, england, france, and they are as distinct as, lets say, indonesia and china, thailand and india.

living in a foreign country demands constant confrontation with its culture, and through that a foreigner has the chance to dig deeper into a culture than someone who is born there. if you would live a few years in my country i am sure that you would understand more, have acquired bigger knowledge than i would be able to.

i don't say that i could become thai, or you german, but both of us would most possibly understand more about the other's culture.

>Sorry about the indiscretion your wife got from those farangs. I, too, sometimes got those sparkling eyes when they'd learned I came from Bangkok !<

and i sometimes get these sparkling eyes too from women or their parents because they believe i am unbelievably rich. once i had even a phillipino women, friend of a friend, trying to flirt with me in my house, in front of my wife!

as long as it's only sparkling eyes i only get slightly annoyed, but if it ends up in stalking it is out of order.

"I'm just being realistic. I don't think I would understand your farang psychic if I would have spent 30years living in a farangland. So I expect the same vice versa."

AND you posted

Originally posted by flyonzewall:

"if you would live a few years in my country i am sure that you would understand more, have acquired bigger knowledge than i would be able to.

i don't say that i could become thai, or you german, but both of us would most possibly understand more about the other's culture."

Your post is exactly what I meant! I know that there are many farangs from many cultures. I was just trying to explain that no matter how hard one tries to understand other culture, one couldn't never 100% understand it.

And there is no one "Thai" or "German" culture. It's all the sum of the sub cultures in various regions. I understand that as well.

Hope my explanation is clear enough for you to understand. As you know, my English is far from perfect.

Any more lectures in Anthropology,prof smile.gif" border="0

So..you're from Germany smile.gif" border="0

Happy "Neujahr"

being from one culture and understanding it are two different things.

i have been away for so long that i have no clue about germany anymore at all. and while i lived there my mind was so occupied with far away continents that i had no clue either... smile.gif" border="0

whatever...

'watdee pii mai

Archived