AIS Serenade only unadvertised prmos

I just got back from upgrading my AIS account at the Serenade room and they had the following specials available:

Unlimited domestic SMS - B100/mo

50 Int'l SMS - B200/mo

20 hrs GPRS/EDGE - B200/mo

That last one is available to all postpaid accounts, not just Serenade, I think.

Cheers,

SD

20 hrs GPRS/EDGE - B200/mo

Depending how much you use it there are better deals going than that. Even though I have SERENEDE account I only use AIS for cellphone and use a DTAC SIM in an aircard for the laptop, 160 hrs THB550/mo about a third of the price.

Never had the need to enable GPRS/EDGE on the cellphone, most of the time if I am not sat at my computer at work my laptop when travelling or anyone of my 3 desktops and and 6 laptops at home, I am usualy in a bar that has free wifi and I hook up to that with my phone.

OK I admit it I'm a bit of a gadget geek!

SD

Agreed I use it a lot more than you do, probably closer to 20 hrs/wk than a month so it makes sense to subscribe to a longer contract.

I actualy use EDGE a lot for work, the amount of paperwork required to copy information off the server is horrendous but getting permission to access the server remotely via CITRIX is rather simple. When away from H.O. say with a client, contractor or vendor in their back yard I like to access to my information since they have access to theirs, it evens up the playing field or should I say a very cheap tool that allows me to perform my job more efficiently which in turn leads to renewal of contract. It costs me 1% of my monthly allowance to have 24/7 access (if required) to the same data I would have sat at my desk, and as long as I keep getting extensions to contracts and promotions I consider it a wise use of per diem's, I have had my fill of the Middle East and am quite happy with a 40 hour week office job in Thailand from here on in, the contract has now been extended until Dec 2011, not bad considering I started in Aug '05 on an 8 month single project package.

When i was last down in Sillypore for 3 weeks back in August as soon as I switched the Cellphone on I got an SMS from SINGTEL, username and password for 3G connection valid for 1 month, reciprical agreement with AIS, hooked the cell up to the lappy and 500 hours of uniteruppted online time for free.

Archived