Ferang tramp guy, Nana area

Stan Smith

Saw a very old guy in Asoke McD's a few days ago, probably about 1AM, sitting by the door with some luggage, a 3ft cardboard sign with his CV apparently on it, and reading a book that was either War and Peace or a dictionary based on the size of it. Could this be the same bloke in his 50's you saw? This man looked more like mid 70's.

Amazing how quickly you age when you're living rough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
English paki.

Same story I heard. I first spotted him on Election Day in December sitting on the steps across from the Golden Beer Bar openly guzzling a Chang (alcohol sales were prohibited that day) and chatting with a couple of shoeshine girls.

A Brit I was drinking with in The GBB told me the English Paki was from Manchester, and tells people a bargirl took his money, and the hotel threw him out, but is keeping his goods until he pays his bill.

A few days later, I was surprised to see the English Paki sitting in the Morning Night with several guys drinking a beer.

How does he stay out of jail or the Immigration Detention Center?

And some other parts had me clenching my buttocks wondering if it might have been the ghost of myself or my old pal Sileakhunt :clown: circa 2004-5. :doah:

jack :help:

I remember that early morning when we shared a taxi back to our respective drums when you didn't clench your buttocks quite hard enough young man !

The strangest set-up I ever ran into in Thailand was a Nordic or Scandinavian alcoholic who had been taken in as a helper in a cheap Isan restaurant on Petchburi, slept in the place, took orders from the couple who ran it, and had his monthly checks from the homeland delivered straight to the owners... Very strange, but he seemed happy enough with the situation, as did the restaurant owners. Anyone else seen this guy? Earlier post on this guy

Archived