Ferang tramp guy, Nana area

Stan Smith

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Golden Bar tramp is still with us, hails from England and sleeps on the street.

He is now in his away kit of a red jacket and jeans that someone gave him.

Didnt see it but he reportedly beat up an old tourist who he took a disliking to.

Not good for business and as the bar belongs to the hotel I guess it wont be long before management will call in their friends in brown to march him away.

Havent seen the crazy girl who walks around sukhumvit for ages now. Last time I saw her she looked pregnant. If thats the case theres someone sick out there. She used to walk aimlessly up and down soi7/1 and the old soi13 zone which had monica bar at the back.

Theres also a farang who sometimes sits on the floor right next to the soi3-soi4 crossing with a board up saying "looking for work in the middle east". The tailor steps on the corner of soi 3 is another hangout for the Dutch beggar in search of his rent money, I mean airfare back to Holland.

Not related but was on samui in the Amari hotel and there was a crazy bird staying there who was shouting and screaming randomly. On previous days she would also jump in the pool fully clothed. Oriental looking with American, possibly Australian accent. Difficult to say with all the screeching.

She was confined to the lobby by the Italian?manager and security and physically prevented from going anywhere else.

All guests had to take the long way round to get to the bbq and all evening she was screaming and hitting things. Very loud and quite worrying.

The police were called, sat and observed but didnt intervene and a Dr. came along. She was staying in the most expensive suite overlooking the ocean and the hotel packed her belongings for her and probably had a look around for anything that shouldnt be there and any medication.

The next afternoon the lobby was as I had left it the night before- still police, a now tired manager and the lady who was now out of her bathrobe, dressed with her suitcases and smoking like theres no tomorrow.

Still angry as she wasnt allowed a shower and started banging on the reception counter demanding free expensive cigarettes, not the cheap ones the receptionist offered. Probably some sort of mental disorder as alcohol would have worn off.

I wonder if she couldn't pay her hotel bill and they were waiting for a relative or someone to phone through to pay. The staff wouldnt let on what the story was.

I haven't spent much time in BKK the past few years but i remember crazy "Nok" from sukhumvit. I think she was an ex cowboy girl, but i do remember back in about 2002 when she was hit by a taxi and rumours of her death where unfounded.

a week or so ago i was walking back from cowboy and there was an older guy in his late 50s sitting under a walkway with all his luggage and a sign saying " work urgently wanted" with a bit of a resume of his work as a qualified chef/cook

I have this recuring nightmare that i will end up like this myself in later years. There but for the grace of God go I.

I hope im not begining to sound like an expert on this, but that would be 'Bob'. He's a recnt addition to the Suk begging scene.

He usualy has a sign up saying 'GF ripped me off, left me in tatters, please help'.

He's the only one that i have chucked a couple of quid at, as he is knocking on a bit and dosent strike me as a whino.

Saw a very old guy in Asoke McD's a few days ago, probably about 1AM, sitting by the door with some luggage, a 3ft cardboard sign with his CV apparently on it, and reading a book that was either War and Peace or a dictionary based on the size of it. Could this be the same bloke in his 50's you saw? This man looked more like mid 70's.

Saw a very old guy in Asoke McD's a few days ago, probably about 1AM, sitting by the door with some luggage, a 3ft cardboard sign with his CV apparently on it, and reading a book that was either War and Peace or a dictionary based on the size of it. Could this be the same bloke in his 50's you saw? This man looked more like mid 70's.

Probably the father. :santa:

Archived