Holiday Barfines

shotover

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raven, a very good reminder of one of the reasons I avoid Pattaya over the holiday season. These outrageous barfines. I can see the logic behind them from the managements point of view. But to me it seems to defy the whole logic of a gogo bar as a place for entertainment whilst drinking but also for most of the punters to bar fine a dancer if you meet one that takes your fancy. These restrictions, which in Pattaya it appears extend well into january and not just christmas and new years eve, make the bar more like a western lap dance establishment rather than a Thai agogo. Another reason to avoid the place is the huge influx at that time of year of the sort of punters who in a lot of cases seem to tolerate this nonsense? I personally would take my business elswhere (as you did) and spend my money in friendlier bars.

Simie.

The Dollhouse said the bar fine was to discourage guys from taking out the girls on NYE. The idea was to keep them dancing so that more guys would come in and spend money. Who would go to a bar if all the lookers had been taken out already?

I go to gogo bars not to drink but to get take-away. They are go-go bars and not stay-stay bars. :neener:

Raven, a very good reminder of one of the reasons I avoid Pattaya over the holiday season. These outrageous barfines. I can see the logic behind them from the managements point of view. But to me it seems to defy the whole logic of a gogo bar as a place for entertainment whilst drinking but also for most of the punters to bar fine a dancer if you meet one that takes your fancy. These restrictions, which in Pattaya it appears extend well into january and not just christmas and new years eve, make the bar more like a western lap dance establishment rather than a Thai agogo. Another reason to avoid the place is the huge influx at that time of year of the sort of punters who in a lot of cases seem to tolerate this nonsense? I personally would take my business elswhere (as you did) and spend my money in friendlier bars.

Simie.

And that is exactly the problem with what I see as the most insidious curse, the so-called table dance clubs and coyote dance clubs. The subtle shift away from the old environment and attitude into a place where guys stuff 100 baht bills into a girl's bikini for the "privilege" of watching her dance? WTF!!!??? Isn't that what they used to do for free? Now some girls are earning as much doing essentially nothing as they used to earn from doing what Thais do best- fucking with you!

Now, I'm not against any guy giving anybody however much he wants to give her for whatever they agree she will do, nor am I against a girl trying to maximize her earnings in any "honest" way. However, I refuse to participate in these schemes. Some guys claim that this type of punter raises the prices for everybody, but I think many, if not most, of the girls realize that there is going to be a difference between a devil-may-care holidayer or newbie or Jap and a more judicious expat.

Piss taking goes both ways. Pattaya has loads of bargirls who are technically freelancers, in that, while they go to they same bar every night, they don't get a salary from the bar. I have no qualms about calling one of my regulars when down there and telling her to meet me away from the bar in 30 minutes. Then it's up to her whether she actually gives the barowner the barfine out of what I pay her. Go-go regulars in both BKK and PTY know they can call me after a short-time, when their BF has already been paid and they don't want to return to the bar and I'll frequently take them, but fuck it if I'm going to pay a second barfine.

FTR, I also have no difficulty BFing girls and rewarding barowners who practice good customer service: reasonable prices, both on drinks and BFs, dealing with problem girls, playing decent music, etc.

I agree with the observation that Pattaya is becoming more and more like a western lap dance emporium (which I hate and avoid). It is encouraged by many Japanese and a few western punters who routinely put 100 baht into a girls knickers for watching them dance, or for the more daring, getting the opportunity to pull down her panties for a quick look.

Peppermint girls make a lot more dancing and chasing those stupid ping pong balls than they do accepting a bar fine. They do not often ask to go with you - they make too much money staying at the bar. The times they are a changing. I think I have spent my last New Years in Pattaya.

The Dollhouse said the bar fine was to discourage guys from taking out the girls on NYE. The idea was to keep them dancing so that more guys would come in and spend money. Who would go to a bar if all the lookers had been taken out already?

Who would go to a bar where they (effectively) couldn't take out a lady?

And that is exactly the problem with what I see as the most insidious curse, the so-called table dance clubs and coyote dance clubs. The subtle shift away from the old environment and attitude into a place where guys stuff 100 baht bills into a girl's bikini for the "privilege" of watching her dance? WTF!!!??? Isn't that what they used to do for free? Now some girls are earning as much doing essentially nothing as they used to earn from doing what Thais do best- fucking with you!

:yeahthat:

In fact, don't get me started on this. Currently only Simie knows the extent of my hatred for this phenomenon. :banghead::cussing:

Raven, to be fair, in Pattaya, it's not the Japs who are responsible for this. For a start, there are very few of them around. It's the idiotically grinning westerners who do this.

You mention Peppermint. I've been there every day for almost a week, observing. I love this bar for its plethora of naked, mostly shaven, cute girl, the cheap drinks and the friendly service. And unlike the camp overrated shit that is Angelwitch, they gear shows to the male libido.

But every night I go in there, there are at least 5 grinning pricks per hour who buy a bucket of ping pong balls. Why girls go crazy and scramble on the floor for what is effectively 10B when they'd turn up their noses at you giving them that coin, I don't know, but it ruins the mood. And what do the idiots get out of it? Nothing. Fucking tools. :thumbdown:

Even worse are the morons who think they're in a western lap-dancing club because, if this trend continues, they'll effectively make it like this for the best-looking girls.

I'm pretty sure the best tip earner in Peppermint must be #xxx. I watched her over a few nights. I think she's just about the perfect gogo girl. Small but not tiny, very cute face and an even cuter body. Big breasts for her size but not too big to put off those men who don't like big breasts (I'd call them 'gay men' :) ). They'd still fancy her anyway. Great body - no surplus fat - and her attitude is perfect. She's having fun and it shows. She notices guys who are looking at her and flashes them a warm smiles. They lap it up. As she does the show with 5 or 6 other girls, I look around and see guys nudging each other and pointing her out. She's that kind of girl. Monday night, over the course of 30 minutes, I saw at least 6 guys tip her. At least 3 had further intentions and had words. One in particular was salivating and obviously thought she'd join him once she came off the dance floor. To my amusement, she didn't. Oh, the look on his face... :rotfl:

I went with her a few months ago, in low season. Even then it was pretty bad. It was a Friday night and she wanted to wait until midnight because she told me she'd usually make 5000B in tips on a Friday. (Having seen the 30 minutes on a Monday night, I can well believe it!)

It's getting so bad that I'm actually surprised she goes with anyone any more. Very entertaining to watch her though and, unlike most girls given that level of attention, she's still very likeable.

I'm pretty sure the best tip earner in Peppermint must be #xxx. I watched her over a few nights. I think she's just about the perfect gogo girl. Small but not tiny, very cute face and an even cuter body. Big breasts for her size but not too big to put off those men who don't like big breasts (I'd call them 'gay men'

Excuse me.... do I read it correctly that if you don't like big sloppy utters that have fed a dozen bastard kids and been sucked on by 1000 arabs that you are GAY.... I like tight nubile nockers with unchewed nips.... Next things, are we going to hear that men who like shaved pussys are lesbians because dykes like bare pussy so they aren't called carpet munchers! Look, if you want big fat sloppy tits go over to the Grace Hotel and F**k one of those fat bitches as Soapy de Arab!

More that a mouthful is a waste! NO GAY, thank you!

I went with her a few months ago, ... she wanted to wait until midnight because she told me she'd usually make 5000B in tips on a Friday. (Having seen the 30 minutes on a Monday night, I can well believe it!)

Wow, you can totally understand the 'bad attitude' with that kind of math. Why go out and have some stranger poking inside you for 1000-2000 baht when you can stay in the bar and make much more.

Archived