Holiday Barfines

shotover

A Soi Cowboy Dollhouse Bar dancer recently told me barfines Christmas Eve would be 2,000 baht, and New Years Eve BFs are 4,000 baht. I know BFs usually at least double NYE, but I still expressed some skepticism about these amounts.

Has anyone else heard any reliable holiday BF amounts?

If bars are charging such high BF rates, most ladies should prepare for a full shift on the floor.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2000B/4000B barfines?! :dunno:

I can't quite believe that. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot. I don't think anyone would pay 2000, let alone 4000. 1000, maybe.

Why would you pay that when you could step outside and get a freelancer? It's even dangerous for the bars. Some guys who normally wouldn't take a freelancer could be persuaded to try one given the ridiculous barfine and could discover that freelancers are, in fact, a very viable option.

...It's even dangerous for the bars. Some guys who normally wouldn't take a freelancer could be persuaded to try one given the ridiculous barfine and could discover that freelancers are, in fact, a very viable option.

Not really. It has been well established that the bars make more money if the girls are there versus being barfined. The bar owners just want to keep them at work hustling drinks for them rather than out on their backs making their own money.

Cheers,

SD

Barfines at "OUR PLACE" across from BACCARAT are now posted as B800, B700 before 9pm.

Standard at all "the Arab's" bars for a few months now. Tho' I think you've got it backwards: B700 *after* 2100. This actually makes good sense.

Cheers,

SD

...It's even dangerous for the bars. Some guys who normally wouldn't take a freelancer could be persuaded to try one given the ridiculous barfine and could discover that freelancers are' date=' in fact, a very viable option.[/quote']

Not really. It has been well established that the bars make more money if the girls are there versus being barfined. The bar owners just want to keep them at work hustling drinks for them rather than out on their backs making their own money.

Cheers,

SD

This is my nightmare - gogo bars become more and more like farangland where girls get their main income from drinks and so don't have the same incentive to suck and fuck... :(

I would say that the freelancer theory is realistic though. Some guys are scared of taking freelancers and prefer the 'security' (maybe illusory) of paying the extra for a bar or gogo girl. But if the price difference is too much, they will be encouraged to give a freelancer a try, just once. If they then have a good experience with that freelancer, that opens the floodgates...

(There's hardly even any advantage for gogo girls in NEP anymore as it is. Since they're not showing, you're paying extra but not even getting the full insurance of seeing naked bodies.)

As i earlier thought, the BF amounts I was quoted were overstated. I was told they were actually 1,000 before Midnight Xmas eve, and 2,000 NYE.

IMHO, fine for those visiting Thailand for short holidays a few weeks each year, but unnecessary for expats living here who already have many reliable performers on retainer.

Archived