Best Go Go Bar these days?

Wallenda

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's more the fault of the management than the girls. A lot of gogo girls will make the least effort for the most money just like any other worker but it takes a good manager and mamasans to make sure they respect customers and behave properly. Most bars do seem to be well managed so the girls know to be on their best behaviour. In the minority of bars where I see the girls have a bad attitude I just don't go back.

I hate those fucking tippers/ping pong throwing cunts. :cussing: They're the main reason for the decline in attitude, I think.

Sadly they're becoming more prevalent in Pattaya these days - I reckon I see more of that there than in Bangkok.

I don't mind the occasional girl who can justify it (and is pleasant, though professional about it) asking for 2k (as in the Peppermint girl I mentioned a while back) but it mystifies me that they all think they can demand the same. Surely they should know their own level of attractiveness? :dunno:

Why do we always have standard quotes of 1, 1.5, 2? I want some odd numbers! 900, 1.4, 1.7...

I think it's more the fault of the management than the girls. A lot of gogo girls will make the least effort for the most money just like any other worker but it takes a good manager and mamasans to make sure they respect customers and behave properly. Most bars do seem to be well managed so the girls know to be on their best behaviour. In the minority of bars where I see the girls have a bad attitude I just don't go back.

Yep, the management can do a lot. You can see that in, say, Shark bar in Soi Cowboy where the girls are told to be friendly to and interact with the customers but not to pester them for drinks. It works well. Other bars just let them do what they want and they end up thinking they're running the show, huddling to gossip in corners while ignoring customers.

Avoid Coyotee's. The girl's are nothing special but really seem to think they are. Heaven Above suffers the same problem.

Was in there myself for the first time the other day and I've never seen an audience composed of so many younger men. Out of a crowded bar, 90% must have been guys under 30 - well dressed, fit, presentable. If this is a typical audience, I wonder if it has something to do with the attitude? :dunno:

In EVERY Pattaya gogo I've been in so far, I've seen at least one guy tipping dancers for nothing and at least one cunt buying those fucking ping pong balls. :cussing:

I don't know if that's the typical audience. When I was in Coyotee's back in October it was just me, the manager, his friend and a few old geezers in the bar.

I saw one clueless old fool in Heaven Above putting 100 baht notes into the knickers of girls then looking round the bar for peer approval all pleased with himself. It annoys me too because it creates a money for nothing attitude and helps explain the poor attitude of some girls in that bar.

I sometimes tip the girls who do the lesbian show at Richard Masons' a 100 bt each, and don't feel in the slightest bit bad about that. They do a job that maybe a hard one in public, and deserve a tip. If I see a very hot one dancing, I will occasionally give her a 40 Bt tip, instead of LD, cheaper for me, OK for her.

Can't see some people's trouble with tipping

My problem with tipping is when I've seen guys give 500 baht or even more just for the girl dancing or sitting with him for 10 minutes. All it will do in the long run is turn the gogos into western style lapdancing clubs. It does'nt bother me if a punter offers a girl 100 baht in place of a second LD say. But it does bother me when girls start giving me shit actually asking for a tip as well as a LD just for sitting chatting for a few minutes. And then storm off when I tell them what I think of their attitude! And as for the ping pong balls...what a load of nonsense, what sort of idiot wants to see the girls throwing themselves around the stage screaming and fighting over a ping pong ball? :wanker:

Simie.

The funniest thing to me about the ping pong balls is that they are worth B10 each to the girls (the house gets the other B10). If you gave a gal a B10 coin, she laugh in your face...but they'll kill each other for the damn balls!

Thai bargirls are strange.

Cheers,

SD

I heard from a private student of mine who was formerly a tour guide (in Vietnam) that she got very angry one day when taking a Japanese tour group around some town in Vietnam -- one Japanese male tourist suddenly started throwing very small bills (he had a big stack of them that he'd exchanged for earlier) out the window of the bus, and lots of the locals started a mad frenzy to pick them up, which he just laughed at hysterically. My friend became furious about this. Her take on it was that it was demeaning, and that what he was thrilled at was the spectacle of these people so desperate to scramble after what to him was small change.

I wonder how this ping pong thing got started. It makes me wonder if it's a Japanese thing -- it's something I could almost picture on one of those Japanese tv game shows.

Archived