Best Go Go Bar these days?

Wallenda

SD, a very good point. As you say if you offered them that as a tip they'd storm off in a huff! And they are the same girls who probably turn up late every night and get their money cut but don't seem to care. I generally try and avoid the bars that do it, but the times I have been in one that participates its seems to me its the most attractive girls who make the biggest fuss over the balls. Probably some sort of ego thing? :hmmm:

Simie.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if it's merit?

I mean, on the one hand, being given 10 bht in the hand, might be seen as a very small tip and therefore insulting.

But on the other, picking up a ping pong ball may be akin to 'finding' 10 bht and be seen as gaining merit.

I know that mi wi mee, when losing jewelry, loses merit, but on finding money or gold, gains merit.

JMHO

Cheers

Coss

I heard from a private student of mine who was formerly a tour guide (in Vietnam) that she got very angry one day when taking a Japanese tour group around some town in Vietnam -- one Japanese male tourist suddenly started throwing very small bills (he had a big stack of them that he'd exchanged for earlier) out the window of the bus, and lots of the locals started a mad frenzy to pick them up, which he just laughed at hysterically. My friend became furious about this. Her take on it was that it was demeaning, and that what he was thrilled at was the spectacle of these people so desperate to scramble after what to him was small change.

I wonder how this ping pong thing got started. It makes me wonder if it's a Japanese thing -- it's something I could almost picture on one of those Japanese tv game shows.

I remember some Thais getting in trouble doing the same thing in Cambodia.

I first saw the ping-pong toss in SC-Dollhouse.

Archived