BKK-Singapore-BKK in one day

Encore

I would suggest going through an internet travel agent like saveflights.com and get a two-week return ticket on a standard carrier like Cathay or Swiss. The unfortunate thing about this is that although they are the only ones with a reasonable flight cost, they also turn around in Singapore, so you won't have the time to just dash into town and make it back for the return flight. This is probably the perfect excuse to stay the night and check out the action at Orchard Towers...

Carriers like SIA and Thai international that have several flights a day are ridiculously overpriced.

'Cheap' airlines like Jetstar and Air Asia are NOT cheap unless you buy a month or two in advance. Be wary of the hidden costs.

You can book on Tiger Airways:

Tiger Airways

They have flights back and forth all day. Should give you plenty of time to shop and be back in BKK on the same day.

Expect to pay about SGD 180-220 round trip. If you use their web site be careful to read everything carefully or you end up paying for extra things you don't need (seat assignments, travel insurance, etc.)

If you have to spend the night in Singapore, don't waste your time at Orchard Towers (aka four floors of whores) unless you just want to appreciate how good you have it in BKK.

Jet Blue and Swiss Air have decent airfares.

I have done one day (a few hours) in Sillypore about one year ago, flew Swiss Air.

Swiss single daily flight arrives around 8pm and leaves less than a hour later; so you would have to stay at least one day!

airfares are cheaper than TG or SQ and they fly with the pretty new Airbus A340

Cheapest is Air Asia (other can be cheaper on the day but AA is cheapest on a level playing field).

They have a flight out at 07:05 (later flights available) arriving 10:30 and you're in town in 20 minutes in a taxi. Allow an hour if using the MRT as you have to change terminal first, same on return.

Flight back at 15:35 arriving 16:55, 20:40 arriving 22:00 and 22:50 arriving 00:10.

I've done it easy with shopping for baby things and back on the 15:35 but I'd prefer to come back on the 20:40 if you have a lot to do.

Archived