The Brits Are Fat Asses..er...Arses

Steve

And another thing, I tell you why we eat fast food, cos we work long hours and by the time we get home we're cream crackered....unlike the lazy europeans ;)

Bollocks. It's because we're fucking lazy and don't care that much about being fat.

Sure, people are busy and don't get long in the day to eat and like to use that excuse but I observe them. They simply choose to eat crap and choose not to exercise.

Be honest Sayjann. You say there's "no time" but you could spare 10 minutes to prepare some decent cheap healthy food the night before you go to work. Then take it with you. Take some healthy snacks - nuts, fruit, cereal - to eat throughout the day. How much of a priority should it be? You work in health, for fuck's sake! You should know. :)

It is bollocks. I'd take prepared food (or the ingredients for a quick snack) into an office and most days others would say "That looks good. Healthy too." Yet they'd then spend longer (and more money) going out to buy some greasy/fatty/sugary/salty shite.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

America is by far the fattest based on my visiting England and seeing the differences. The women in England are 'big boned' but not necessarily fat like a lot of American women. As for scouse women, I have heard stories and I would LOVE to visit Liverpool and see if its true as well as Newcastle and see if the geordie women havea taste for 'american chocolate'..hehehe

I won't be able to understand a word those geordie women say though :(

I read recently that in the UK, because of people's increasing size, doctors are needing longer needles on syringes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4477716.stm

Crematoriums are having problems because coffins are getting larger:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6566953.stm

and advertising now has to include larger fashion models.

'doctors are needing longer needles on syringes'

unfortunately i had problems due to my lack of skin.

when i was having daily injections which were really painful i was told by the Nurses that i could expect the injections to hurt as i had little flesh on my tummy....... :down:

only 4 more to go............. :(

TBoy,

Yep, all the fish and chips, and, all those curry shops! :surprised: Lots of 'fast food' that doesn't mean just Burgers and Fries. Curries using coconut milk are fattening, as well as the white rice the curry is poured over. And fried fish and chips is nearly as bad for you as a burger and fries (although you do get your Omega fatty acids at least). I love the way the Brits/UK/Poms/English/whatever always point to the USA as their 'excuse'. "Oh, the Yanks are much fatter and unhealthy than we are." 5555555! It's those McD's and other fast food chains they have foisted upon us doing this. Get bent. You love your 'fast and easy' fatty foods that taste good just like the rest of us. And I'd be willing to bet most obesity in both countries comes as much from over-consumption of daily liquors as it does from eating unhealthy. All those beers, ales, and stouts. And lack of 'daily' exercise is a huge problem in all the western countries, as everyone would rather drive 4 blocks to work than walk it in most cases these days. Hell, in the states I see people jump in the car to go to the corner store a block away. Talk about wasting oil/gasoline! And kids needing a ride to schools that I used to walk to daily, both ways, and fuck taking the bus, that was no fun. :thumbup:

But then I wouldn't blame any English citizen for eating out at the fast food shops, as the national cuisine is crap and bland to begin with. :):neener::beer: Although I did find it filling it was hardly inspiring. :barf:

Cent

Archived