The Brits Are Fat Asses..er...Arses

Steve

LONDON (AFP) - Britons are the world's biggest fans of fast food, just ahead of Americans, while famously gastronomic French are the least attracted by quick meals, according to a study published Wednesday.

The survey of 13 countries also confirmed growing concern over obesity worldwide, but noted different priorities and strategies in different parts of the world for tackling it...

...In terms of fast food, Britain 45 percent of Britons agreed with the statement "I like the taste of fast food too much to give it up" ahead of 44 percent for Americans and Canadians at 37 percent...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...In terms of fast food, Britain 45 percent of Britons agreed with the statement "I like the taste of fast food too much to give it up" ahead of 44 percent for Americans and Canadians at 37 percent...

You wonder how representative of the actual truth these surveys are. They should say 45% of the people surveyed agreed with the statement and not 45% of Britons. I am a Briton and the feckers didn't ask me. If they had I would have told them that I can't stand fast food and never touch the stuff :barf:

And they should also state that all those who took part in the survey were sitting in McDonalds at the time.

Happy New Year

2250.gif

You are right of course Teddy. The people who conduct these surveys usually only ask a small number of people, say 1,000, and then based on the result from those people extrapolate it for the population of the whole country. And of course they target the people who they think will give them the results they want. :shakehead

How can we be the biggest fans of fast food "in the world" when only 13 countries were surveyed.

And another thing, I tell you why we eat fast food, cos we work long hours and by the time we get home we're cream crackered....unlike the lazy europeans ;)

And as Teddy pointed out, thats a very "leading survey", who sponsered it ? Weightwatchers ?

Seriosuly though, its like everything, take it in moderation and its fine.

i have no problem with fast food,but only eat it occasionally as not a lot of 'restaurants' near me.

but i did have a Big Mac today because the GF found a place which done a 'buy one,get one free'.

i can take or leave fast food,but does fish and chips count as 'fast food'?.

but due to my work i have to eat on the run and eat crap most days,or whenever i get the chance to eat,which isn't that often.

but i do deny being a fat Brit,anyone who has met me knows me knows that i'm as skinny as a rake.

and i can attest that Chelseafan is no porkie.........

Archived