Who Do non-Yanks Want For U.S. President?

Steve

At the risk of sounding like an arrogant yank (which I actually am probably..hehe), the next President has a huge effect on global affairs. It seems the U.S. presidential race is followed widely by people outside of the country.

Who do you all who are not Americans want to be president. Perhaps you are not familiar with all the choices (which maskes you on par with most Americans).

So the questions are a) who do you want to win and B) who do you think will win and c) who do you not want to win?

Americans can join in as a response to comments but I'm curious about non Americans.

I will say this. When ever non Americans comment on who they would rather see its in regards to global affairs obviously with none or little regard to their domestic program. To be fair, that part of the candidates platform may not be known and you may not care as it doesn't have an affect on you. Its natural as there are some Americans who vote only with regard to a candidates domestic platform to make their life easier and could care less or little about what he does outside the nation in global affairs.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me (one time US resident but not a citizen) it will be the same people running things behind the scenes whoever wins. I'd like to see Obama win just to see what happens. Can he be bought? Probably. Ron Paul would probably have the biggest impact on US foreign policy but I can't see him winning.

i am pretty familiar with the choices and find them rather poor.

i liked Clinton but not his wife! her only leadership experience were the cooks and maids in the White House. Obama has some charisma but not much of leadership or political experience. his responses on many questions are contradictionary and change often.

selection on the Republican side is even worse!

US would deserve a better president, but then they don't have a better currently either!

Its rather akin to choosing the "Prettiest Girl" in a Katoey bar, the moment you turn your back on the winner they will try to screw you in the arse.

IMHO I dont believe the Elected Chief of Staff will have much effect on global perception. The USA has been for years a supertanker on its own course and no matter who is at the helm it will not deviate much from its set path. The internal ramifications will be dramatic dependent on who is elected but to be honest that does not convern me.

I have more of an eye on China and also the OPEC countries. If, as is being intimated, oil was to be traded in currencies other than the greenback that would leave the US as a nation very suspectable financialy and leave it disadvantage on the world scene very quickly. Empires come and go and in modern times more frequently so. In the west we had the Roman, British and now the American empire and history has shown it will not

last.

Whoever you choose to elect is going to walk into a lions den legacy left by the Bush administration, global perception and the greenback are at a low and it would take some major changes in foreign policy to have a positive impact on either.

By the way, this is not an Anti-American Rant before someone says, I have been disillusioned enough with my home country's (UK) policies long enough to have been an expat for 20 years now!

I'd vote for OH.

But really, Osama, sorry i mean Obama...just cos it'd mix it up a little...domestically and internationally.

If hellary or a republican wins, I'm leaving the planet.

Regardless, they're fucked...the US is in the worst state it has been in for a long time (since the last republican president in fact).

As a tax paying American , I want to see less troops and more bombing , big ones , nukes , we are over stocked , I think we need to clear our borders first , Canada and Mexico , who's gonna miss them ?

Iran , Irak , China , Russia , both of the fucking Korea's , India , Packastan and all of south america.

Vote for me , BadaBing for the next world leader :bow:

Bada :elephant: Bing

Archived