Some Bars Deserve To Be Closed

Ashman

quote:

Originally posted by db_sed_aloha:

if I remember correctly, the dancing shrimp actually get blanched in hot water or broth: that quickly and reasonably humanely terminates their existance. .

Db

the shrimps are usually fished from an aquarium and thrown alive in a plastic full of spicy sauce,I guess that's where they die.It is a weird and wild meal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by db_sed_aloha:

shygye, if I remember correctly, the dancing shrimp actually get blanched in hot water or broth: that quickly and reasonably humanely terminates their existance. Thereafter, the "dancing" is simply musular contraction caused by the acidic ingredients in the dish.

They are placed alive in a chili pepper sauce. That really gets them dancing. So they get a chemical burn before being eaten alive. frown.gif" border="0

However I reserve my sympathy for the very young beggar children and not for frogs and fish. The kids are fed alcohol so they will stay still for hours at their assigned begging spot.

There was a dish (humans really ate it till it was banned a few years back in Hong Kong) where a live fish is immersed in hot oil while the chef holds its head and then removed with the body deep fried and served with the mouth live , raw and still breathing!

Saw a TV report on it. What a sight!

Boy, some of you out there must be god-like! How else could you know what's going on in the psyche of every bar girl, exactly how the frog feels. I'm truly impressed!

As for me, I don't believe I have, or should have the right to tell somebody else what is degrading for them. How on earth could I possibly know better than they do what's best for them. (unless I'm incredibly arrogant or a God like you)

I do know that should I decide to be a bar-boy (and don't think I'm not aware it's something you're all drooling at the thought of) I would be mighty pissed to have other people telling me when I feel degraded.

As for the poor frogs, frankly I couldn't give a flip. Sorry not to be politically correct, but I actually care more for humans than I do for animals. This is how I manage to hold my head high when I eat a cheeseburger, or walk into a KFC. But then, I have an advantage in that I'm so much less evolved than you.

I know...why don't I let you have your morals, ethics, and feelings, you let me have mine, and nobody bans anything. (provided nobody does anything to physically harm another PERSON against their will...as that would infringe upon their rights just as much as if you ban their personal choice) Am I INSANE!!!

Peace, brothers, and sorry froggies. But I am all for the "dollies for froggies" campaign to help the unfortunate frogs whose legs were sacrificed for the good of a hungry patron.

Also, interesting reasoning from one poster full of wisdom. Because America's security wasn't as tight as some others, they deserved to have thousands of people killed. It even read kind of smug. That's an interesting outlook you have on life. I would imagine then that anybody who leaves their house would deserve it if they were murdered in the streets because they'd be safer at home. Boy, me too, I hate those blasted Americans. Imagine the gall of those people who want freedom. Who believe they should be safe when on an airplane. What nerve...what gall!!! Thank you for your illuminating treatise on the meaning of life. It has enriched us all.

quote:

Originally posted by itsmedave:

I do know that should I decide to be a bar-boy (and don't think I'm not aware it's something you're all drooling at the thought of)

Dave,

I agree with the rest of your post, but please......I just ate lunch!!! laugh.gif" border="0

Ranger

quote:

Originally posted by itsmedave:

Also, interesting reasoning from one poster full of wisdom. Because America's security wasn't as tight as some others, they deserved to have thousands of people killed. It even read kind of smug. .

Can't remember saying that. Seemed to have touched a nerve though...

I suppose you carry a gun too?? Well, why not..it's your God given right....( I fear the wrath of Wildalaska ) laugh.gif" border="0

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: Roger ]

No, no guns on me, but thanks for a laugh. Now I can brag to all my Republican friends who continually call me a wacky liberal (America electing GW Bush was one reason for my leaving the country) that I have been accused of being in league with the NRA. That post made my day. (for the record I will never own a gun, I don't like them, and I believe in a free country people should be able to own them. If they shoot somebody or allow their guns to be misused then they should suffer severe consequences, however. But, again, just because I personally don't approve of something doesn't mean I beleive it should be outlawed. That is what freedom is all about. People talk about a slippery slope, and while the examples get ludicrous at times, it is a scary notion, because the more people get into the mindset that whatever they personally aren't concerned about is fair game to ban, then the more likely freedoms WILL get stripped away one by one. I repeat, you give me my freedom, and I'll give you yours. Why is that so hard to fathom?

And, yes, I do stand by my contention that you inferred that America deserved what it got because we fight for freedom. Unfortunately I'm not computer literate enough to copy your text...and WAY too lazy to learn, but anybody can check back to the first page and see for themselves.

As for touching a nerve, I'm honestly not sure what you're getting at, but, sure, I guess it touches a nerve when many innocent people get killed, and somebody comes along and infers they deserved it. If that's what you meant, then congrats...you touched a nerve.

Cheers

[/qb]

They are probably hurting the unfortunate reptiles, also the girls long term mental health. People may say these girls aren't forced into, I agree but they are given extra cash so this plays on the desperate girls.

These shows cater to sick perverts, no doubt many of which frequent this board. To say you either want freedom or you don't is bollocks. For years the Americans have been going on about their right for freedom..."let's make it as easy as possible to get on a plane, we don't want are freedom violated by security checks...." Then comes September 11th......

Ban the bars with sick shows, some people cannot control themselves so it's left to others to do it for them!![/QB]

All I can say is "what a crock of shiet"

First off, I don't give a darn about the fish or reptiles. Give me a break. Unless you are a vegitarian you are the cause of countless animal deaths over the course of your life. This just isn't an issue.

Second, Freedom is the issue. And it IS a slippery slope.

Someone "thinks" it causes mental health problems? Like being a whore doesn't? Umm, gee. "No mom, I don't shove stuff up my box on stage - strange men do it to me in hotel rooms for money."

Show me a victim (underage or unwilling) or leave it be. The shows are boring as hell anyway.

As to Sept 11 and security checks - bullshit. And rude bullshit to boot. No one in the USA objected to or limited airline security based on "infringement of freedom". Total nonsense. We simply did not foresee groups of guys with boxcutters hijacking and crashing jets. Imagine that? It could just as easily been London or Paris as New York.

I'm guessing your attitude towards Americans and freedom is based on our Gun Rights position. Well, if you don't like it - don't come visit. None of your damn business and inappropriate for this venue.

As to sick perverts, what a pathetic attitude. I don't know you but I'm sure I don't want to. I don't care for these shows. I don't think the shows are erotic. Boring and silly. But if you think it's your damn business to ban it for someone elses good you are nothing more than a hypochrite and a fool. A hypocrite because (assuming since you frequent here) you think it OK to chase whores in LOS but not watch a show? A fool because you think if they do this they'll stop there and not ban all agogos.

Archived