Some Bars Deserve To Be Closed

Ashman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anarchy has always started in world history with poverty as its root cause, I can't remember the last time that morals caused anarchy. Does anyone recommend the Taliban enforcement of morality, at the far extreme?

The same or similar arguments were/are put forward for censorship of the internet. I mean, I know some people who would find this board amoral, blah, blah, blah. I can accomodate that viewpoint - as long as the warnings are "on the front door" so to speak, it involves adults and no coercion/against free will is involved - I can accomodate others viewpoints but I do expect the same courtesy in return.

What I'm saying is, whose morality should be enforced, yours or mine? And what if my moralilty is far less tolerant? Will you accept that? If I travel down your street and electronically jam UBC on your TV because I consider it offensive, will you accept that? No, you would be intolerant to my viewpoint and say perhaps that although you don't ever watch UBC for the same reasons, you object in the removal of choice and freedom.

Ultimately, people choose their own morals and as Greg said, they chose the show. Changing the reasons why they made this choice is the answer, not removing the distateful choices from the pot.

Hi,

"Does anyone recommend the Taliban enforcement of morality, at the far extreme?"

The problem is that that extreme is just as bad as the opposite, complete freedom to do as you please. For everyone.

A path needs to be walked in between these extremes, and I think that in most countries this is done pretty OK.

Sanuk!

quote:

Originally posted by Khun Sanuk:

Hi,

(Just to add some more fuel to the fire
smile.gif" border="0
)

A question to the freedom fighters.

What if the girl, willingly shoving frogs up her pussy, was 15? Or 12? 9?

Sanuk!

The difference is between an adult and a child. The women I have seen doing the show have not seen 15 for a long, long time. smile.gif" border="0 Are you saying that women should be treated as children?

I think adults should make their own decisions and be responsible for the consequences. Even if others (even a majority of the people) consider the decision bad, for example drinking and smoking. Freedom is not you can do what ever you like AS LONG AS I AGREE WITH IT.

Maybe, and maybe not KS. If it is all so successful (morality) in other countries, then why is tourism of the type(let's say the word then: sex) we see, booming in Thailand, Cambodia etc? Plenty of other countries as well, only the names change with time. The product sought by the buyers never does though. What was really the only "industry" to survive, boom in fact, after the breakup of Soviet Union? You guessed correctly!

Unfortunately, the punters, in great mass want it at the "reptile-show" level. It would seem that "we" are the minority this time. How we would like to see something and sadly how the real world carries on from day-to-day can also be at those extremes. Look at the still injustices of war and famine? 40% of the world's population has difficulty in accessing clean water.

The world is populated with cavemen and we can't get away from them! Except maybe in Thailand. But not at bars with replile baskets out the front door!

Archived