'Islamic Jesus' hits Iranian movie screens

Flashermac

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, at my dad's church when ever what Jesus or Moses or whomever's race in the bible was brought up we were just told 'Don't know, don't matter, they existed and did great things and that's the only thing that matters'.

chatting to my Mum few Days ago and the subject came up of her wanting to become a Roman Catholic as a teenager in the 1950's.

she had a curious mind and asked all sorts of questions about what is said in the bible and was told much the same thing.

she was asked to leave as she bucked the trend of the faithful.

Joseph, his earthly father is never mentioned after he was about 12 and spoke in the synagogue. Its assumed he died because before Jesus went to the cross he asked a desciple to care for her.

Cleopatra did descend from the Ptolemic line (Alexander the Great's general Ptolemy, who got Egypt after his death).

Plenty of Nation of Islam and Black Jews in our area growing up who had literature about such things. As well as it being discussed in some churches.

It gets a little murkier going back. In Joseph's (the governor of egypt) day, there were two egypts, the upper and lower. Those eyptians were definitely a bit more 'swarthy' than the Ptolemic line. Its suggested by some that physically there wasn't any difference between the Hebrews and Egyptians other than speech and dress and cultural habits. In Moses day, the bible says '..there came a Pharoah who did not know Joseph...' Joseph meaning the Hebrews. There is some evidence to suggest that upper egypt took over lower egypt and so a new line had taken over and they did not have Hebrews in numbers in their midst. Its further argued that the reason that Moses, a Hebrew, could pass as the Pharoah's grandson for 40 years was because there was no physical difference (racially, etc.) between Egyptians and Hebrews. I also heard some references to the Song Of Solomon book in the old where its not sure if its actually Solomon or a slave girl saying 'I am black but comely'

Present day Ethiopian Jews (not converted black jews like Sammy Davis Jr) that were airlifted to Israel have been sometimes refereed to as 'Falasha' by Israelis have been pronounced as 'legitmate' jews by Israel. Apparantly some of their practices can be traced back to those practiced by Hebrews in the old testament, preceding even some modern judaic practices that has long ended. Interesting thing is that they also claim to have in their posession the ark of the covenant of 'Indiana Jones' fame. Rastafarians are actually an offshoot of judaism as well and from Ethiopia. Their prolific use of marijuana stems from a genesis verse that says man was given '...herbs...' (and other plants) for his use. :smirk:

That's the story I was told at least by some of those guys in the neighborhood and read in some places.

There's an interesting theory that when Jesus 'disappeared' having survived crucifixion, he actually excaped and made his way to Kashmir and set himself up as a holyman. There's a tomb and accompanying legend for a man called Yuz Asaf who lived in Kashmir into old age and had wounds to his feet from being tortured. In fact, his symbol was of 2 feet with holes in them. He is said to have lived in Kashmir and been exposed to Buddhism, before leaving, only to return years later. The dates roughly match up with stories about Jesus. It's thought that he and his family had traveled on the silk route so knew the region.

Archived