2012 you need to be in thailand!!

A_J

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our friend accurately foresaw the invasion of Iraq and the mess that it has turned into. He also foresaw a military clash with Iran, long before it seemed remotely possible.

Wow, really went out on a limb with those predictions. He and 10 bajillion other people saw those coming.

I was just looking into this, the thing is do we really know what year it is.. but shit is stating to hit the fan..who would have thunk the real estate market would crash so hard..belive me I will try to be somewhere real safe in 2012..I think some strange stuff will go down..we are not alone..

Now here is some very disturbing news: powerful policy makes and politicians in Thailand actually believe in this sort of stuff.

There was a great article by Chang Noi in The Nation about a month or so ago about how leaders of the coup and members of the Thaksin clan visited and took advice from the same Maw Doo in Chiang Mai. Unfortunately, I did not save the article and cannot find it now. And of course there is the amulet craze here. Or watch a Thai TV soap opera for about 15 minutes (the most I can take without serious medication), and there is a better than even chance you will encounter a Maw Doo or Pee (ghost).

In any event, this probably help explains some of the more bizzare decisions that are made here. Of course, I recall reading that in the US a disturbingly high percentage of the population believe in UFOs, area 54 (or whatever the number is) and other nonsense.

...who would have thunk the real estate market would crash so hard...

Uh, anyone with a brain who knew that loaning over 100% of value on a house and loaning money to people who couldn't pay it back was NOT a smart thing to do...

It all goes back to 2002, when BushCo lifted corporate oversight because those nasty regulators, in their attempt to crack down on corporate malfeasance (think Enron & WorldCom), were making executives and investors nervous, and "depressing the economy." Really. That was their rationalization. :banghead: :onfire:

Cheers,

SD

Knowing that most of the "political elite" in Thailand often visit clairvoyants/mediums etc...

This certainly helps in explaining some of their political decisions.

Remember an article (nation or BKK post) about conflict of interests when it was time to know the political future.....

Anyone up to opening a future teller business for the elite? :bow:

(Also remember reading somewhere how much the guy consulted by both mr T family and the actual militaries had made -> seems that this is a profitable business)

Archived