Advice please, Blue Wave Beach Resort, Hua Hin.

Coss

this resort is a bit outside of town, so you need to either have a car or take the tuktuk to downtown. it is at the beach and has very nice facilities.

Hua Hin is a very good place to go with family as there is not so much "in the face"-nightlife. many good restaurants, also for western food. beach is nicer than on the other side of the thailand bay (Pattaya, Jomtien), but of course not as good as Phuket, Samui

coss,

I was there 2 weeks ago as in-laws have a beach house about 100 meter away.

Hotel is old, not too well maintained and I would not really recommend it.

Except the beach, nothing much to do there, except 2 beach restaurants with decent seafood.

Tuktuk to town is 200 Bt oneway, non-negotiable.

All depends on ones' wishes and YMMV.

If you've got wheels it's a great location for the famiy.

A medium raise (amybe 10 storeys), about 15-18 years old........I'd give it 3.7 stars (out of 5).

Right on a good beach

Lots of thatched-shack type seafood joints all along the beach (slightly overpriced, but not too bad)

The "boat" restaurant nearby is quite good.

Weekends the area "Takieb" gets much busier than week days.

Takieb mountain very close......the kid'll love the monkey and it has great overviews up the coast to HH and Cha Am, as well as some funky sculture.

Not too many "pests" on the beach....but they're there.

PM me if you want more info

Long way (7 km) to ST facilities such as Lolita Hua Hin.

But otherwise, Khao Takiab is a lovely place to be. If you don't feel an urgent pressure to partake in other activities, go for it. The hotel maybe old, but seems to offer a lot for reasonable price.

Xmas trip/ wow, you're planning far head. PM me if it goes ahead, I maybe local.

PM me if you want more info

I am bothered by this.

What else can you add per PM that you cannot tell the general public ?

Bothered? Bothered? Hope you are joking 555555

First, poster didn't say the "couldn't" tell the general public. Secondly,

if he posted an answer, he'd be telling what he didn't want to post here ! :banghead:

Hoping you can get over it and sleep tonight, I am, grievingly yours,

HH

Blue Wave is a bit of a dump, if you ask me.

I went down to look at some hotels in Khao Takieb recently. The bloody Skandis are pushing room rates through the roof!

It's hard to find a room for under 3,000 baht these days.

There is a nicer hotel next to the Blue Wave, can't remember the name. THey have rooms for as little as around 1,000 - 1,500.

Depending on your budget, there's a relatively new place nearby, I think it's called the Talay Dao. The rate is about 3,500-6,000 per night, but they have a really nice pool area and the rooms are nice too.

The hotels in Khao Takieb are OK if you have family.

Also, there is a very regular Song Thaew service from Khao Takieb to the night market. I think it costs 15 or 20 Baht.

The Blue Wave also provides a shuttle service.

Archived