Toyota Fortuner

zob65

....But of course any good Hunter of Nana game will go for the best auto made in Thailand...... And that is what I have driven most of my adult life:

Benz!

Have a look here:

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/cars.asp....

Nope, I had a good look but couldn't see any pictures of a Mercedes Benz. :dunno:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a pick-up that disguises as a car.

If you want a last century rear-wheel drive go for it, very dangerous on wet roads, you need to drive in 4x4 to stay on the road.

I drive a Toyota Vigo 4x4 (the real pick-up), I finished loading stuff and will sell it, extremely big, strong and powerfull but I want to drive a real car.

To the amateurs: asking price 500k, 40k kms, 2 1/2 years old. (new price 740k)

If one is going to drive a truck go for the Fortuner..... I suppose in more rural areas you need the 4 wheel. I don't/won't be driving in areas that need 4 wheel. I do like the Fortuner. Many Benz are not suitable for even Bangkok.. I know of a guy with a low slung two seater in Hua Hin that can take his car on half the roads and often have to use a company car to get home at night.... I know where he lives and a C Class Saloon car would have done much better!

I have had a Fortuner (automatic diesel 4x4) now for about year now. Been very satisfied. Had no mechanical problems and it rides and handles very good. It can be a bit big for some of the really small sois or parking areas, but overall, a great vehicle.

Cannot comment on price or fuel economy as it is a company car and they pay the fuel.

Thanks all.

I checked out the Chev SUV wasnt impressed more expensive and smaller engine (2.7).

I looking at the "Smart" version which is a done up fortuner diesel 4x4 auto, leather seats different wheels air bags all round etc etc.

Toyota are offering me a good trade for my sports rider which is a suprise in Thailand. Any way I will not get to drive it much once the rice muncher gets her hands on it.

Archived