How To Tell If Youre An Aussie

MooNoi

NOT ME saying this! But I had to post because I got a laugh. A coworker from east London was reading the post over my shoulder when I asked him if he could possibly be an Aussie and said "I shagged a sheep once, does that count?"

I busted out laughing.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

i watch neighbours whenever i find it on. sons and daughters was horrible though. flying doctors was good. home and away was ok. according to a member here he saw the guy that is dame edna was drinking in one of my local boozers a while ago :confused:

Space Food Sticks, FARK, I remember those and even can taste them now. Not quite chewy, not quite chocolate, like congealed Milo! Ever live in a hot Queensland summer and the loose Mile would congeal around the lid and stick it down like super glue.

Can you remember the ice cream in the shape of the Apollo command module? Can't remember the name but up there with the space theme and Space food sticks. Had a ball in the bottom, chewing gum I think?

For me, being a Aussie has being eroded over the recent years I am sorry to say.

Our national greed and subservitude to the USA has eroded the things about Australia I was once proud to be.

New Zealanders and Canadians, they seem to have their heads screwed on better than us, I firmly believe.

Canada has far more to loose by being tough to USA than us, yet they have the balls to say - NO - That is not right, something is wrong, I don't support that. I wish Howard had the guts to do that, but more so, the Aussies to make him say it.

But we didn't, we took the massively increased value in our houses, forgot that our kids could never buy a house, who cares who drove the price high, we became rich on paper, and sold our "Aussie" souls for a mortgage that made us wealthy. Hey I can get a loan against the house, buy a boat.

What I loved as a Aussie and which shaped my career, is we'd used to support the underdog, we'd used to stand up to anyone, we'd win a fight, even if we was the least favourite to win.

How many Olympics did we see ourselves win a gold in a race we had no chance?

In sports, we had a soul, but in life we mortgaged it. Sold it to the highest bidder, thanks Little Johnny, but I sold out before the temptation became to great, one family, one home, I won't play your game. A home is something my children can afford, not something that makes me paper rich.

Aussies, We'd have the balls to have a go, yet we never lost our love for the larikan.

I think we've lost most of that. The only thing I am proud of now is being a Queenslander, a weird thing for those from outside Australia to look at.

I look, at times for inspiration at our Qld performance in the State of Origin 2006

For me, to be a Aussie is to be like the Queensland team then, everything against them, every decision against them, but they played on, they never gave up, they never stopped, against a better bigger team, against a hostile crowd, against dodgy referees, against everything, they hurt, but they fought on, as in so many nameless pointless battles overseas, in wars we should and sometimes shouldn't have been in, they never gave up, they never GAVE IN! They did it their way, and against all odds, they won.

Aussies, I want you to fight, to battle on, to have the balls to say bullshit, but I think we've lost, please those Aussies at home tell me I am wrong, but we've lost the passion to fight for those who have nothing, to lend a hand to those who are in a hole, to be the first to stand up and say "I'll do it".

Clem Jones, Tracy Wickham, the Morons (thats a joke ok), the Saints, little guys from a little place, who made it hard.

That's a Aussie, fearless, stupid and brave enough to back the little guy, don't give a shit the other bloke is ten times their size, fuck it, I'll do the right thing, Salvo's, need a bob, here's a tenner, tides against me, ain't got enough for a pot of beer, but here, take my change, coz I won't stop, that's a Aussie.

Myths

Archived