Victim of a Nic

NanaHunter

Good Point OH. I should revise my position to I don;t know how many times I have been robbed, defacto, with BG's getting the nic of my money in Mo Chit!

I've been to Mo Chit Bus Station... No a place for the Farang!

What the hell are you going on about? I've used MorChit for over a decade and never had a problem there. Not a place for farang? Get a grip and go make yourself a new tinfoil hat. Plenty of farang use Mor Chit daily and I see farang waiting for their busses every time I am there, and I use it fairly frequently. More BS.

I was robbed (pickpocketed) in the wee hours of 22nd July 1988. I had arrived in LOS for the first time the previous afternoon and was walking along Patpong 1 looking for a shag when a girl came out of the shadows and wrapped her arms around my neck. I declined her advances but it was only later, when I tried to pay bar, that I realised that my money that had been in my shirt pocket was gone!

Other than that I had a watch and a camera stolen from my house in 1993. Don't know if it was an overnight chum or the maids daughter who knicked it. :dunno:

So what's your point? You haven't been nicked yet.

We all know that people will try - everywhere where tourists go...

I presume everybody here on the board has several stories of attempts being robbed in SE-Asia. But you can tell the same stories about any tourist destination in the world (except Japan maybe).

A guy in Tunesia tried to steel valuables out of my bag, a team of pickpockets stole my (almost empty) purse in the Paris Metro, three weeks ago I had to push off a girl who approached me quite aggressively and grabbed my front pocket for to check for valuables at 2am at the river quai in Phnom Penh. As I said, this kind of things can happen everywhere.

The only dangerous incident happened in my hometown. I was robbed once by two guys with a butterfly knife. It happened in Bonn, the former capital of Germany, in front of my apartment not far from the foreign ministry, which means it was in a kind of high security area. :p

In '89 I was travelling through the Phillies and had a night out in one of the little tourist islands. I was wearing a light but tight pair of trousers, in which I was carrying a role of paper and a pen to nod down things I could use for my tripreport. When I returned to the ressort, I noticed an L-shaped cut in my front pocket and the paper was gone. The thieve must have taken it for a role of cash. I could not help to admire his/her craftsmanship :applause: :thumbup: :bow::worship: as I did not feel a thing and I was sober.

MaW :wave:

Archived