Victim of a Nic

NanaHunter

I must say that in all the time I've spent in Thailand that I have noted only four times that there was an attempt to nic me. About five or six years ago a girl from Big Dogs tried the scopolomine on the nipples but as soon as I tasted something odd she was sent packing. The others three were attempts to nic my wallet. One in the Pratunam Market (no wonder there) by an older Indian Seik! Second was infront of the 7/11 on Suk at Nana. For no reason a girl banged up on to me but I got to her hand right away. The fourth was a great disappointment, (not for me) I was walking out of Morning Night and while still in the bar area a girl slipped her hand into my front pocket. Grabbed her had really hard and squeezed so she screamed. One of the bouncers say her hand in my pocket and took action.... I let go and he bounced her on the side walk as she didn't use the stairs....

OH! I almost forgot I have nicked myself a million times by overpaying and buying too many LD's

So what's your point? You haven't been nicked yet.

We all know that people will try - everywhere where tourists go...

I presume everybody here on the board has several stories of attempts being robbed in SE-Asia. But you can tell the same stories about any tourist destination in the world (except Japan maybe).

A guy in Tunesia tried to steel valuables out of my bag, a team of pickpockets stole my (almost empty) purse in the Paris Metro, three weeks ago I had to push off a girl who approached me quite aggressively and grabbed my front pocket for to check for valuables at 2am at the river quai in Phnom Penh. As I said, this kind of things can happen everywhere.

The only dangerous incident happened in my hometown. I was robbed once by two guys with a butterfly knife. It happened in Bonn, the former capital of Germany, in front of my apartment not far from the foreign ministry, which means it was in a kind of high security area. :p

One advantage of being a smoker is that a red hot nub end on a stray hand is a formidable weapon against pickpockets.

Always have a fag on when wandering around lower Suk in the small hours.

Two or three ladyboys along there have a scar from Rusty's cigarette end!

When my pocket was picked at Chatuchak Market, I was the fifth victim that day; number six walked in while I was still filling out my report.

According to the cop I talked to, Chatuchak, Hualampoung Train Station and Mor Chit Bus Terminal rank one, two and three for personal theft.

Perhaps i should keep my fingers crossed; I have never been robbed or even had someone attempt to rob me (at least as far as I know) during my numerous trips to LOS.

I attribute this to my physical appearance and trying to keep my wits about me at all times...don't make yourself an easy target, ie...the drunk farang stumbling down Suk at 0200. :susel:

Archived