After 2am options.... Spicy?

Wallenda

I was just in BKK a couple of days this week and met a girl in the Nana parking lot -- she told me lots of girls would now (this at about 2am) go to a disco called Spicy in the basement of the Ambassador Hotel.

Anyone checked this out? It was too late for me, but I wonder how good it is. Maybe like the old Grace Hotel scene?

People always get this messed up.

The basement of the Ambassador Hotel is called Spice Club. Lot's and lot's of girls, I'll let you be the judge on quality, but proximity to Nana and SC helps.

Spicy is a club over on soi Ruang Muang (or something like that) and it is not bad either, but it is slightly more down market, if that is possible, due to the Koh Sarn Road population and the fact that it closes later than Spice Club.

The Tunnel is better than both of those, located at soi Lang Suan soi 5, but dress nicely, bring your 'A' game and be prepared to smell like smoke for the next few days.

Cheers, Robaht

OK well just to set the record straight, the person who messed up on the name was a girl working in the Nana parking lot. I just repeated what she told me.

So I'm not picturing where the Tunnel is -- is that Sukhumvit soi 5 or another area altogether? And bring my A game? Is it one of these spots with gray area girls who we'd have to convince we're wealthy businessmen to have a shot at? If so, I might keep my A game at home.

lol.........

I'm no egg spurt...

...Leave it to others to make the call...5555555

Saw some pretty hot stuff in the Soi 11 joint last time I was there.... BUT ALL 4 of them were with Cent & me....LOL

Cent's a "Dab hand" at those 200Bt Tequila shots....55555....is that a gun in your holster....or a Tequila Botten??????

Cheers (Not so DC)

Yeah, even the thai girls get the names mixed up. Certainly doesn't help that the names are so similar.

The Tunnel is at Lang Suan soi 5, which is over by Lumpini park, about 5 minutes from Nana. "A" game means, don't be a slobbering drunk and be ready for some competition. There are plenty of hot girls in there but also a lot of guys. It's not a pick and point type of place, you might actually need some interesting conversation to grab a girls interest. Worth a visit but get there before 2am for the best choice...

Cheers, Robaht

Spice Club - basement (have to walk through the underground carpark!) of Ambassador Hotel, soi 11.

Spicey - Rong Muang, Soi 5.

Tunnel - Lang Suan Soi 5.

She meant Spice Club. Girls that go there from Nana Car Park tend to head off there closer to 2.30 than 2 in my experience. (They wouldn't head off at 2 because 2 is peak time in the car park!)

Been to Spice Club quite a few times. I can sum up: if you're interested in Rainbow type girls, it isn't worth it. It isn't anything like Grace used to be. Much louder, smaller, much darker (one of my pet hates :mad: ). A lot of the girls seem more interested in dancing to the overloud hip-hop than making a deal and there are usually a load of younger guys (whom, mysteriously, you never seem to see anywhere else) there, some pretending that it's like the west and trying to 'pick them up'. :doah: The girls are mostly uglier (once you get them into the light) yet there's more competition and there's more hassle.

At weekends, forget it. It's packed with sausage. Cover charge of 200B for one drink.

Spicey is much worse. Can be horrible - packed with young Khao San Road types thinking they're dancing with normal girls ( :rolleyes: ), most of whom are well past their sell by date. However desperate I've been, I've never seen anything worth fucking in there and I've always regretted going. (There's a cover charge of 300 or 400B)

Lucky and Boss are even worse. The male to female ratio gets worse and worse and the women get uglier. (In other words, it gets more like the West :) )

Tunnel I've only been to once. Reminded me a bit of QBar. Expensive drinks. Not that much going on really. Beautiful toilets though. Expensive cover charge.

I'm not sure why so many guys go to these places. I think the younger ones are just so used to the 'go to club/pub/pick up' way of doing things that it's automatic for them. I do better just looking in the street/sending out SMS probes*/etc.

(*expression copyright Gadfly :) )

Archived