What is difference between English breakfast and American Breakfast?

unit731

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what's the difference.... :question: :question:

English is much more tasty..... :thumbup: :)

Feh! What is difference between English breakfast and American Breakfast? The American brekky is edible. Not sure what the use of an English brekky is :dunno: . Exempli gratia: blood pudding (WTF is that and why would you eat it?); And the baked tomato? Yeech.

Always remember -- why did Englanders conquer the world? The were looking for decent food ! 555555555

Cheers,

SD

i have no idea what a blood pudding is.. :question: but i assume you mean a BLACK pudding.. :dunno:

if so i have never eaten it and have no wish to eat it.

not the type of common food we have where i live in the UK.

but Mekong and Sileakhunt can tell you much more about it than me,same as mushy peas...... :barf:

baked tomato for breakfast or any other meal for that matter...... :nono::nono::nono:

grilled is healthy,just lightly so that it keeps it's hard substance.

or sliced and fried(not so healthy)but tasty.

ham and grits for brekkie are not for me.

my choice would be.......

grilled tomato's

baked beans(not the rehashed,re-fried type you have in the US)but Heinz beans in a tomato sauce.

Cumberland sausage x 2.

my choice of eggs is fried and i like 2.

mushrooms are good.

i'm not a fan of bacon but 1 rasher will be sufficient.

hash browns i can take or leave.

toast,orange juice ands coffee round it off well..... :thumbup:

not all of it is healthy but do i care about that?.

in the US i have been offered pancakes with ham.... :doah:

a sweet and meat does not mix.

and i had to turn down the chance of maple syrup on my hash browns........ :yikes:

an American friend of mine left the US for the 1st time at the age of 42 and after 2 Weeks of travelling the UK enjoyed a full English fry-up cooked by my Mother and he just savoured every mouthful.

while his wife is a great cook(and i have tasted her cooking in the US)he was just amazed at the meal my Mum served up.

he kept asking why food like that could not be served in his neck of the woods?.

Lusty,good photo but i would prefer less bacon and another egg.....and don't forget the ketchup.

because of my health problems i'm not really allowed this sort of food but fuck it,once in a while does not hurt.

the last good English breakfast i had was in the company of Spirit-Of-Townhall and wee both enjoyed the fayre put in front of us....... :chili:

Guest lazyphil

last time i had a fry up was last year on the banks of the river on the old west (aka ouse river) after a night summer zandering (its hard to target zander over pike, but zandering i was :smirk: ), beans, black pudding, mushrooms, bacon, sausage and egg and a pot of tea, cant knock it after a night under canvas!. looking over the water at dawn in the mist is creepy alone right at the spot where its been documented hereward the wake had pitch battles with william the conquer hundreds of years ago :topic:

UK and US baked beans are the difference.....

beans in the US are shite...... :barf:

you may have beans made by Heinz but not the same.

beans in the UK are a quick easy meal for many families and also a cheap option for people who may not be very well off.

i always have a can in my bag for work as beans are cooked within 30 Seconds and ready to eat.

and Welsh Rarebit covered in beans takes 4 Minutes to cook and a treat.

Archived