'Puppet Cabinet' warned

Flashermac

NOTHING here is a surprise to anyone, especially those who democratically voted for it, knowing EXACTLY what their votes meant.

Ya, 200-500 baht. Is that a democratic election, paying a poor person 1-3 days wages for their vote, while teasing them that you really care about their plight; while getting them into insurmountable debt with your "programs"? That's the issue I have with Thaksin/cronies...

Cheers,

SD -- uh, the answer is NO if you did not get it the first time!

Interesting that the areas I work in i.e. the rural areas, the villagers all got out and voted and took money from ALL the parties, not just PPP/TRT! ANd the going rate

100 Baht NOT 500

They think it crazy though, to quote the local orbitor, because they would have voted PPP for free! For the same reasons western people do, they believe that they'll get more benifit's from PPP and related parties than from Democrats.

And in the past TRT did keep it's promises to them! Unlike other past government.

Now IF those promises where right or wrong, depends upon many other factor's, such as do you prefer Democrats who never looked after Isaan people instead taking a macro ecenomic view, or perhaps you feel the rural people's endless grants, (and here you know I agree with you), was wrong and the money instead should have gone to the rich Chinese Thais or middle class benefits (Which I STRONGLY disagree with), well, thats a whole other debate isn't it.

But continually perpetuating the rumour mill that each voter got 2-500 baht vote needs a place in snopes. Going rate was 100 baht per party.

Great irony though is they'd have voted PPP for free in many places. Sad thing is now we have the dinosaurs back, rather than fresh blood.

Even more ironic, many people wold have prefered to have voted for Abhisit, but distrust Democrats so much, and they didn't like to vote fore Somsak, but they DID vote along party lines rather than personalities. If Abhisit was PPP, he'd have had a huge margin.

They aren't stupid enough to fall for a cheap bribe, someone needs to let the Bangkok middle class work that out.

.... because they would have voted PPP for free! ....And in the past TRT did keep it's promises to them! Unlike other past government.

... Going rate was 100 baht per party.

....and they didn't like to vote fore Somsak, but they DID vote along party lines rather than personalities. If Abhisit was PPP, he'd have had a huge margin....

They aren't stupid enough to fall for a cheap bribe...

are you trying to beat Nanahunter regarding the amount of bullshit in one single post? :neener:

there was no Somsak among the leading candidates of any party! the only famous Politician with this name, Somsak Thepsutin, former TRT and minister in the Thaksin (Industry, Agiculture, Tourism) is banned from Politics and is now member of the Matchima Party! :neener:

Archived