Feb 11th

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

sitting in the open air Riverside restaurant last week smoking one of Cubas finest after dinner I was sure I am in paradise . Til I was told by the waitress that after Feb 11th I was not allowed any more to smoke within a restaurant area even if it is open air . WTF ?????? I asked her and she said new government regulation . Guys , this is now serious . We have learned from the past that there is no problem in Siam shooting anbody as long as you are mermber of a famous family as well as filling your pockets as you like in whichever illegal way , they seem to be serious with things like early closing or banning smokers . Though I am an occasional smoker only , I am seriously missing my peaceful after dinner events . What exactly does this new regulation say and do we follow the rules or not ? I see the writing on the wall : no more open air blowjobs , no more open air gemscams etc etc . Hell what is this country heading for .

BuBi

extremely pissed off

Gentlemen ,

sitting in the open air Riverside restaurant last week smoking one of Cubas finest after dinner I was sure I am in paradise . Til I was told by the waitress that after Feb 11th I was not allowed any more to smoke within a restaurant area even if it is open air . WTF ?????? I asked her and she said new government regulation . Guys , this is now serious . We have learned from the past that there is no problem in Siam shooting anbody as long as you are mermber of a famous family as well as filling your pockets as you like in whichever illegal way , they seem to be serious with things like early closing or banning smokers . Though I am an occasional smoker only , I am seriously missing my peaceful after dinner events . What exactly does this new regulation say and do we follow the rules or not ? I see the writing on the wall : no more open air blowjobs , no more open air gemscams etc etc . Hell what is this country heading for .

BuBi

extremely pissed off

I hear you BuBi, but down here in our motherland it is even worse. :cussing: :onfire: You stand in front of a pub in the rain with 3 heaters helping the global warming to develop. :banghead: And people like the poster after you :wanker: are calling the police if there are people smoking in simple pubs. They call it the "Blockwart-Syndrom" :barf: and we Krauts are good at this. Maybe a little yellow star for us addicts?

MaW

(Who never smoked in a restaurant, breakfast-room ore anywhere else where nonsmokers were botherd.) :nono:

the Day after the last London Contingent meeting i was having a quiet drink with STH.

we were in a Bar which had an outside balcony and i lit up and blew the smoke away from the Bar and into the open air.

i was told i had to leave the entire premises to smoke and stand in the street.

not a problem as i was not the only one but i was then able to blow smoke into the Bar from the street and this was deemed acceptable..... :doah:

I will in future dedicate my activities to the non smoking people whereever they need my assistance . I will , for expample , on my next trip to the Isaan plateau immediately get angry with drunken Thai lads sitting in open air restaurants Saturday evenings and polluting the environment by ciggy smoke . Should they refrain from following my orders , i will shout at them and later attack them physically on behalf of the Thai government . I promise this . Should I cease posting here for ever after about early April , I might have come across serious difficulties during my crusade .

BuBi

Does anybody know where on a skytrain is the switch to put the temperature up to civil levels ?

I feel for you BB. :sad:

Late last year Dubai introduced no smoking in public places, shopping malls, etc, but not bars (yet).

One of my favourite bars was a wine bar called The Agency, in the basement level of the Emirates Towers Hotel, where I could enjoy a few glasses of wine and a cigar. Unfortunately because it opened out onto a shopping boulevard smoking was banned in it as well. :(

I rarely go there now and on the occassions that I have it has been almost deserted. The staff have confirmed to me that business is waay :down: .

Fortunately there was a restaurant bar on the ground floor of the same hotel where I could still indulge in some fine wine and a cigar, even though it opened onto the hotel lobby. It became noticeably busier after the smoking ban at The Agency.

Due to my lose weight campaign I hadn't been there for a few weeks but went there on Friday evening. I didn't have any cigars with me but was intending to buy one at the bar. I had already ordered my first glass of wine when one of the barmen pointed out that they were now non smoking to! :banghead:

I had two glasses of wine and left (there were no other customers?), went to the cigar shop, bought some Monte Cristos, went home and opened a bottle of wine.

I don't actually smoke and thought it was a good thing to ban smoking, but it is turning into a disaster.

Too many good bars have been ruined, where the feck has everyone gone by the way :dunno:

The worst aspect of it though is when I go back to Liverpool to see the footie. Traditionally, if the match is a 3pm kick-off on a Saturday (fat chance of that nowadays :cussing: ) I would meet my friends at the pub around 12.30pm, get to the match about 3.01pm and then return to the pub around 5.00pm where I would then drink to oblivion.

Nowadays because a lot of my friends smoke, they sit or stand outside in the beer gardens. Even though it is minus 3 FFS :cussing::cussing::cussing:

I try to explain that as I have been living in Dubai for the past 13 years my fecking nuts are feezing off, but they won't go inside because they can't smoke.

The feckin feckers are fecking it all up.

Bring back smoking in public places you twats :cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

Archived