Feb 11th

buffalo_bill

I thank the Lord every morning again for all the non-smoking rules . I quit 7 years ago and only smoke a cigar every fortnight when think I might like one .

What I dislike is that at the moment smokers seem to be somewhat discriminated when even open air smoking is prohibited . Of course the non-smoker next table does not like it but neither I like noisy i-pods everywhere on the train etc . you got to live with all kind of pollution that other people create which is fine as long as you have a guaranteed area of protection available . I strongly support the idea that the bar/restaurant owner should have the right to decide about that .

Bui

i smoke but have a rule of only doing so in my bedroom.

i never smoke in another persons house if they are non-smokers.

what annoys me is that i am not allowed to smoke in the open air in certain places.

my local council has banned open air smoking on it's land,which means i cannot by their rules take a 5 Minute walk to buy a newspaper and have a cigarette on the way......crazy.

where i work we used to have a smoking room which was out of the public domain and only staff knew where it was.......it was eventually closed.

then we had a shelter outside where smokers could go and it became a very social place where people would meet and chat.

then that was torn down and smoking banned everywhere and now the entire site looks terrible.

no bins or ashtrays to deposit the remains and the pavements are covered in butts and of course no-one employed to clean up the mess.

my bedroom is my domain.

i have my TV,DVD,PC and everything else i need to survive on my own in that room.

what i do in my room is my business.

but i wouldn't dream of smoking in the kitchen or any other room which intrudes on any non smoker.

my GF is a non smoker and while she has no problem with my addiction i rarely smoke in front of her.

she rarely stays at my house,i stay at hers and i have never smoked in the house.

if i feel the urge i always go outside and then brush my teeth afterwards.

Archived