Visa for EU country

drogon

Depends.

She has an income and more than enough savings.

Now as it might not be enough, last quotation from my own embassy was that having 400K was considered enough.....and I do not know many Thais who have 400K Bht in savings.

The other way around, at least for some of the European countries is a letter (with documented proofs that the inviting person has a sufficient income) certifying that the person inviting the Thai citizen will cover all its expenses.

My own country does it and it seems that Spain also accepts this procedure, as I am working in Spain it may be far more easy than with my own embassy. (main source of income in Spain and resident in Spain too.....)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Visa must be applied for at the embasssy of the country which is the main destination . if there is no main destination , port of entry decides about the country issuing the visa .

- Proof of health insurance , can be issued in visited country .

- Declaration of sponsor to cover all cost that might occur

- Travel plan which make it obvious madame will be heading home sooner or later . f.e. booked flights .

And now it comes : If it is madame's first visit to the Schengen area , further proof requested that it is unlikely she will NOT return to the kingdom . like documents of land-ownership , 6 children etc etc . A regular income is not requested , though helpful . As reason for visit she can write : Boom boom too mut , need holiday as long as it looks as if she intends to return . Visa for yeorman is dead easy to get , don't tell Nok .

Bubi

My girlfriend is going to apply for a visa to a European country.

Could someone tell me if she will be able to travel throughout Europe with this visa?

In other terms is it a Schengen visa or is it a visa which only entitles her to visit this specific country?

(as my embassy did not bother to reply yet)

Thanks

Bottomline is she needs to apply to the Spanish embassy as that is the Schengen country where you reside. Entry point is not relevant, and travelling is totally free within all Schengen countries, without restrictions. Hope this helps.

It was no problem for my gf even though she had no money. All it required was an invitation from me and proof that I had employment and was a legal resident of Sweden. I think Sweden is more lenient than many other European countries. Since then they have tightened the rules slightly. Now you also have to show proof of your income and the applicant has to purchase a travel insurance before applying for a visa.

These requirements seems to be quite common in EU:

- Proof that you are a resident (or citizen) of the country

- Letter of invitation

- In case you take her in charge, the official document certifying that you do so and proofs that your income is sufficient

- Once the visa application is successful, proofs that she has a travel insurance and an air ticket

Thanks for your help

If a Belgian citizen , " residing " in Spain , wishes to have his Thai gf to visit him in Spain , he better looks at the website of the Spanish embassy first what they want her to show when she decides to apply for a visa . After he has read and understood what they write on their website , he should investigate if " Drogon residing in Spain " is what they accept as bona fide good enough to guarantee for something . If the moves of Mr. Drogon are as erratic as they sometimes seem to be , he might not be good enough for Rei Carlos to feel well about Thai females citizens temporarily visiting the kingdom . His majesty might after all think they are ( God forbid ) hookers intending to stay there for ever . In which case Mr. Drogon might be better off to try same same in Belgium . Where he is an appointed citizen and the Belgians give a fuck anyway I tend to think . Like Yoerman gavament . Important is somebody galantee evything .

Hasta la vista

El BuBi

Thanks for the advice Bubi

Sure but even if I wish to go back to Asia the fact is that I am resident in Spain earning an income which is far enough to invite 10 hookers

(notwistanding the fact that there are already many illegal hookers here.....)

On the contrary, the fact that I am in Spain and paying my taxes in Spain only makes it a bit of a headache for the procedure in Belgium.....

The answer I got from the Spanish embassy was far more encouraging than the answer from my own embassy.

PS: Instead of erratic I would rather qualify myself as being a madball though not clueless looking for happiness, unfortunately in this world it does not come without hard work and money

Archived