90 day address reporting - by e-mail? by mail?

Tiger Moth

I have heard that one does not have to go to Immigration to report address but don't know any details.

Is the form available through the internet? Can the form be sent by e-mail as an attachment? If sent by mail, can it be sent to any Immigration office (Bangkok, Korat, Pattaya....) or must it be sent to the office closest to where one lives? How can I find the address for Immigration offices for mailing?

I actually have a complication in that I have recently moved (to Khon Kaen). So, perhaps I could not use mail or e-mail, if these options are in fact normally available. Please advise me if you happen to know if moving requires an in person appearance.

Thanks for any help.

is this actually enforced? can one get troubles if you do not report?

when i had work permit and yearly/biyearly non immigration visa i never reported and never heard anything...and i also moved a couple of times in bangkok

Anyone staying in Thailand more than 90 continuous days must do the 90 day address reporting. Those making 90 day exits/return do not.

The normal fine for failure to do so is 2,000 baht. It could be as much as 5,000 plus 200 baht per day.

Normal window for reporting is plus or minus 7 days.

They do not want you to report by mail if you live in Bangkok.

-redwood

is this actually enforced? can one get troubles if you do not report?

when i had work permit and yearly/biyearly non immigration visa i never reported and never heard anything...and i also moved a couple of times in bangkok

Anyone staying in Thailand more than 90 continuous days must do the 90 day address reporting. Those making 90 day exits/return do not.

The normal fine for failure to do so is 2' date='000 baht. It could be as much as 5,000 plus 200 baht per day.

Normal window for reporting is plus or minus 7 days.

They do not want you to report by mail if you live in Bangkok.

-redwood

[/quote']

You do not have to go in person for the 90 day report. There are many agents that will do that for you for a small fee.

• 3 weeks later...

So if not reporting how do one get 'caught'?

If they're serious about it & I suppose a good number of people never do it or forget often, so if checked at immigration (when leaving the country) it could be quite a revenue earner I guess - any experiences/thoughts?

Anyways not always bad to live *upcountry* BKK if it means one is allowed to mail instead of reporting in person or paying someone to report of ones behalf :beer:

:)

When you leave, they collect your departure card at the airport and that must operate to terminate any further reporting requirement (since you are officially and in fact, no longer within Thailand).

Then when you return and they collect a new arrival card from you, that starts the 90 day reporting clock ticking again.

As others have said

90 Day reporting is only required if In Kingdom for 90 continuous days, if you leave the 90 Day period restarts on your return.

You don't have to go to immigration yourself, a third party can act on your behalf, in my case HR department tkae the passport to Sri Ratcha immy office.

Failure to report is treated the same as overstay, THB500 / day up to THB20,000 they will catch you when you leave the Kingdom or apply for new visa.

There have been cases where persistent non reporters have had their next visa application denied (this is on work permits not retirement visas)

Archived