US Marine Kills Puppy

TheCorinthian

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm relieved to hear that CBS is reporting the dog incident was a joke. So maybe throwing the guys off a cliff was a bit hasty? Yeah, maybe poor taste, but so are a lot of "jokes". I can see where "humor" among the troops could become a bit "twisted" and on the dark side. That the guys over there can get a laugh over anything is amazing to me. They need a laugh from time to time, I'm sure.

Now the baby killing...I wouldn't give this sicko much time left before he meets his virgins.

HH

I "own" three dogs I purchased at the local animal shelter where they were probably less than a week away from being "put down"...

Soi 7 Beergarden?

Yeah, I've long-timed a few birds like that from there, mate. Easily done when you've had a few jars. :drunk::doah:

jack :help:

CWâ?¦here are two links. First is to the CBS story and the second is to an article in the Marine Corps. Times. One of the stories, I recall, makes mention that even if the dog was dead (or maybe even a stuffed animal), punishment might be appropriate under Article 134 of the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice).

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/04/national/main3907067.shtml?source=mostpop_story

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2008/03/marine_puppy_video_030308/

934. ART. 134. GENERAL ARTICLE

Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court.

HH

Mersereau said an expert with PETA has analyzed the clip frame by frame.

"There are cues in the audio that give us pause, but we have no conclusion, opinion on its validity," he said. "We feel it's absolutely necessary that investigators determine its legitimacy by speaking directly with all those who were involved."

I saw that hypothesis already. I thought maybe there was some hard proof. Hopefully a proper investigation will sort out what happened and guilty parties 'will be punished at the discretion of the court' (whatever that means).

Archived