US Marine Kills Puppy

TheCorinthian

Yes.

If he did indeed threw a living puppy of the cliff just for 'kicks' then he is utterly evil and I'd rather have him put down now than after he progresses onto killing people for sport.

Sanuk!

It's highly unlikely that someone who mistreats animals would progress onto killing people.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"It's highly unlikely that someone who mistreats animals would progress onto killing people."

Don't the majority of serial killers have a history of torturing and killing animals before they kill their first human victim?

And this went a bit beyond 'mistreating' I would say.

Sanuk!

Yes.

If he did indeed threw a living puppy of the cliff just for 'kicks' then he is utterly evil and I'd rather have him put down now than after he progresses onto killing people for sport.

Sanuk!

It's highly unlikely that someone who mistreats animals would progress onto killing people.

Munchy

Many research studies have reported that childhood cruelty to animals may be the first serious warning sign of later problems. Such behavior appears to be linked to conduct disorders, delinquency and criminal behavior.

Anywhere from one-fourth to two-thirds of violent adult offenders report a history of animal abuse during their childhood or adolescence, a rate substantially higher than groups of normal adults. Animal abuse, either by adults or by children, occurs at an alarming rate in homes where children are physically or sexually abused. Animal cruelty by children is more frequent in families where there is spousal abuse or repeated physical punishment of older children and adolescents.

There are many reasons why children abuse animals. For some, it simply is a matter of control. They obtain some level of emotional gratification out of exhibiting the ultimate control - pain and death - over another. Other children simply act out what has been done to them or their parent. In families where violence is common, children learn that hurting an animal is as acceptable as hurting another human being.

Children hurt animals as a way to channel the aggression that they feel but cannot act out in appropriate ways. All children occasionally have intense feelings of anger and rage. Most youngsters learn acceptable ways to manage those feelings. Some children hurt animals because they either don't know how to deal with those feelings, or don't care if they hurt another person or animal.

Hurting animals may be the first clinical sign of a child without a conscience. They do what they feel, and it doesn't matter what effect their behavior has on others, whether that be another person or an animal.

Such heroes

We are. At least most of us are. I bet even that ass hole would lay down his life to protect you.

But that does not mean he does not deserve to be thrown off a cliff himself. Heck' date=' I have some volunteers that would help him out in that.......[/quote']

Somehow I don't think guys like this can reach that type of reason.

Don't the majority of serial killers have a history of torturing and killing animals before they kill their first human victim?

I've heard that many serial killers started out with animals. But I think that your analogy might be similar to this: The majority of thieves steal to support a drug habit. Drug habits usually start in young people who experiment with marijuana before progressing to harder drugs. Therefore, we should chop off the hands of all 12 year olds who smoke marijuana.

I'm not condoning the action of this idiot. In fact. I "own" three dogs I purchased at the local animal shelter where they were probably less than a week away from being "put down". Too, a well-known pro football player here in the U.S. received a 21-month prison sentence for his involvement in a dog-fighting enterprise...and I don't lose any sleep over it. :thumbup:

HH

Hi,

HH, I see your point. Just pointing out that I do not believe that any 'normal' person would kill a puppy for not other reason than it 'being fun'.

Anybody who can do that (kill the puppy) has something seriously wrong with him/herself.

As for the pro football player, I read that, they should have put the guy in a cage with one of those dogs and let them fight it out. People who are involved in this slaughter (I will not call it a 'sport') are complete and utter scum.

Sanuk!

Archived