US Marine Kills Puppy

TheCorinthian

O.k. I try this, Not aimed at anyone person...first off, if this is true, I cannot excuse it, but an explanation is due to all. War can make you do fucked up stuff, in fact, war fucks you, no way around that. That said, we took this guy, who may not have been the "best caliber person" and trained him to kill, we rewarded his aggressive behavior and gave him a place to ply his trade, we needed him for a purpose. He may well be fucked up, or more fucked up from what we called upon him to do. Now we condem him.

O.k. that said, how many on any and all sides have died in this/these wars? and we get worked up about 1 dog? O.k. to kill god knows how many people, but kill a dog, and we should throw you off a cliff? Get real guys, Seems our priorities are really fucked up here.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
O.k. I try this, Not aimed at anyone person...first off, if this is true, I cannot excuse it, but an explanation is due to all. War can make you do fucked up stuff, in fact, war fucks you, no way around that. That said, we took this guy, who may not have been the "best caliber person" and trained him to kill, we rewarded his aggressive behavior and gave him a place to ply his trade, we needed him for a purpose. He may well be fucked up, or more fucked up from what we called upon him to do. Now we condem him.

I call it the 'meanest dude in the valley' syndrome. Guys like this try to outdo each other in toughness and insensitivity. Aw, look at the cute puppy...ha, ha.

KS, CW,

You both miss the point, that is, yes, this guy is fucked up, but why? was he a fucked up asshole to begin with, or did he flip as a result of being in combat...that is the issue here, next question is, do we just cut a guy like that lose on the street? The answer is yes, we often do.

Yes, he is responsible for his actions, the main question is why did he do it? if it was because he lost it all as a result of being in war, then he is fucked and needs treatment. Do you really want to throw a mentally ill guy off a cliff? Big different story in my book. If it turns out he was never in combat, and is just an asshole, that too is a different matter. Either way, do you want this guy walking around the streets unsupervised?

"...Hi,

I think there is a big difference between killing for something you believe in, or just for the fun of it.

Sanuk!..."

True enough, BUT, for some who have been exposed to certain things for too long, it may well all become the same thing, and that is the bigger worry, as this guy may re-enter society one day.

I think there are lots of guys like that in and out of the army. He's the class clown. It's just a prank as far as he's concerned. Kinda like swallowing goldfish...I doubledare you. It doesn't make him a psychopath necessarily and he's probably fairly normal in the way he treats his buddies, family etc. He's showing he's tough (meanest dude in the valley) and acting like a jackass for youtube. Bad PR for the Marine Corps though.

I hope its not a true story. If it is, it doesn't represent all the troops. Of the well over 100k troops you're going to find a bad apple or two in EVERY army of that size, especially in a combat zone.

Its the exception to the rule of how american soldiers act. If it was common we'd have heard of numerous similar acts. In this 'information now' age things get out quickly.

That said, he needs 'sorting out' as our Brit friends say if its true and if its not then he needs to be reminded its in poor taste. In times like these when the U.S. is not viewed in a good light and the U.S. military is our de facto representive in Iraq and other areas, there should be an even greater effort made (and I hope commanders remind them of this) to act as civil as possible.

Anyway, real or fake, its in bad taste. Extrapolating it to represent America or its military as a whole is way over the top.

Anyway, real or fake, its in bad taste. Extrapolating it to represent America or its military as a whole is way over the top.

Did somebody here do that? I do think that kind of humour is getting more common though CS. It's a full time job at youtube I hear keeping up with the crap.

CW,

Yep, sadly that type of humor is getting more and more common, especially as society as a whole breaks down. Anyone remember manners and good behavior? Lost now, almost something to be mocked.

"...class clown..?" not a "...psychopath...?"

First one, maybe, but how do we know? But this is part of my point, hard for some to understand here, and I am not trying to be condescending, but face it, the military needs these people, they are the numb nuts that blindly follow orders, charge through mine fields etc. As one novelist put it "...they should be kept under glass with a sticker, "...in case of war, break glass..." We do need these guys.

As I said, we have no idea what the issue(s) with this guy are, doesn't excuse it, only explains it, and can hopefully treat him and get him be productive. As to him not being psycho? I might disagree here, he clearly is fucked up, my question (before we throw him off a cliff) is this, "Why is he psycho?" It may well matter.

As for him being normal in every other faction of his life? maybe, but aren't most psychos? isn't it only when they run amok that we notice

?

Before we go "tossing this guy off a cliff" I want to know wh6y he is so fucked up, if it was combat related break down, then we treat him/the incident one way, if it was just an asshole fucking around, then we treat it differently. We have no idea of knowing what happened, we don't even know if it is real or not.

Which brings me to another point, if the official story is "it is fake" Then what? Anyone here going to believe it?

Just an FYI, CBS just said it appears to be fake. They are saying the dog cry's do not diminish with the distance and that it flys odd as if it had no real weight. Their vet also said animals do not make noise when falling.

No idea myself and I think these guys deserve to be beat down either way.

On another note, I bet we hear about this puppy issue for the next five years on this forum. But I bet we almost never hear about this on in just a few months....

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=107428&d=3&m=3&y=2008

I like animals......maybe more than quite a few "humans" I happen to know.

If this video is not a fake then this guy deserves the following.

(I have been in the military for some time and I met soldiers from all NATO countries and I never met really sick/disturbed people especially among the US military forces)

- Ejected from the corps

- Fined

I am sorry but he does not deserve to be killed for that, there are far many evil people who might deserve death.

Someone killed with a riffle my cat a long time ago.

I never thought about killing this guy or his children.

I just destroyed his car, destroyed his swimming pool and he got a kicking from some bad boys I knew.

Nothing serious......

Archived