Perfume good or bad for 14th Feb??

Jimmy_S

I hear guys report that it is insulting. That it implies they smell bad. All Thai girls I talk to say otherwise. My GF loved the perfume I sent her. All her friends said it was avery good brand. Unfortunately it made her skin break out. But she was insistent that it is a good gift. I had dinner with a friend and his new bride here in US. We talked about good gifts and one of the first things she mentioned was perfume. Even commenting that it is one of the only things cheaper here than in LOS.

So go for it!

i met a girl, in thermai if i get her a bra/g string would she be offended? . !!!!!!!!!!I mean it would make her feel nice and i would be the winner as well haaaaaa

I have given perfume to Thai girls many times and most have insisted i recieve at least one baht from them, Some others not,

The idea i have heard from most Thai's is if you give perfume you will hate each other and start fighting and also the other reason of you must smell bad,

So my understanding of this is that old fashioned Thai's believe this, but the modern thinking Thai's do not really care about this old fashioned theory any more.

So keep your one baht ready when giving perfume !! just in case ,

Great post racha! You are absolutely correct in my experience.

I think the younger Thai ladies love to receive perfume. Just make sure you don't buy Eau De Camel Piss or some other unknown crap brand. Or, even worse, don't even think about giving them one of those bogus knockoffs.

You can bet these saavy babes will be able to sniff that out from a mile away. smile.gif" border="0

Based on my experience:

Good gifts - those that most of the girls liked or things they picked out while we were shopping. Some low cost and some higher.

Stuffed toys

Silver charms (for charm bracelets)

Round trip air from Chiang Mai to BKK

Hand/body lotion

Watch

Gold bracelet (they can sell it when you're gone)

Cell phone faceplate

Clothes

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: pattayaman ]

Archived