Why would anyone support the GOP?

Not bad luck, human psychology. When I'm poor we share, when I'm rich I'll keep mine thank you very much.

Just like the number of speeding tickets going up when people have a lot of money and go down when times are though.

I don't know, just something I have pondered upon.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard of this before. A former coworker of mine, an unabashed liberal told me this when I was trying to decide which party (candidate) to vote for a few years ago. (he knows I love money :nahnah: )

Its an interesting coincidence. However, I will say this about it. First is that the president can do nothing without congress. Many of those presidents, primarily republican presidents before Clinton, had democratic congresses. Congress passes the presidential budgets and makes the laws. Clinton had a republican congress for part of his presidency.

Second, is that I NEVER give presidents credit for economies. They can end good runs or make bad runs worse, but from what I learned in Econ 101 is that ALL economies fluctuate and if the trend is up, it goes up. Sometimes despite bad decisions economies keep going up. Visa versa as well. The American economy is the biggest in recorded history and it turns like an oil tanker or airplane usually. It takes months, sometimes years. Presidents get the blame or credit but in reality, the American economy has always trended up with dips (recessions) here and there. Every economics textbook will show that economies do that over time.

Finally, I would ask this. Lets say we had a democratic president and congress and even supreme court from now on, would we see unbroken years of economic progress at the same rate? No. We'd still suffer recessions and inflationary periods as we did before. The best democrats could claim is there wouldn't be as much. The same if the Republicans had the same situation.

The american economy expands because of the American people. No president can legistlate a Henry Ford or Bill Gates or thousands of citizens who constantly come up with new ways of doing their job better.

The survey of 1,025 adults also asked Americans to assess the traits of the major presidential contenders.

Among the findings:

â?¢Obama rates highest on five of 10 characteristics. He is seen as a candidate who "understands the problems Americans face in their daily lives" and "would work well with both parties in Washington to get things done." His weakest showing was in having "a clear plan for solving the country's problems."

â?¢McCain ranks first on three characteristics: As "a strong and decisive leader," as honest and trustworthy, and as someone who could "manage the government efficiently." His lowest rating also is on having a clear plan to solve the nation's problems.

â?¢Clinton rates highest on two traits, on having a vision for the country's future and a clear plan for solving the nation's problems. Her lowest rating is as someone who is honest and trustworthy.

Link

But the wheels are coming off the "Dumocratic" party and they are going to lose again!!! :neener:

As I stated before this was the Dumocrates race to lose all they had to do was field a half-ass candidate and they would have won hands down!!

Who did they run Hellery and oslama :clown::clown::clown::elephant:

But the wheels are coming off the "Dumocratic" party and they are going to lose again!!! :neener:

As I stated before this was the Dumocrates race to lose all they had to do was field a half-ass candidate and they would have won hands down!!

Who did they run Hellery and oslama :clown::clown::clown::elephant:

Out of curiosity, who do you think would have been the ideal candidate for the Democrats?

Archived