And you thought Obama's run was over.

TheCorinthian

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clinton's thrilling tale falls flat

The embarrassing gulf between her recollection and the truth prompted this curiously worded climbdown:

"I did mis-speak the other day. You know this has been a very long campaign [laughs] so occasionally I am a human being like everybody else."

The word 'mis-spoke' is a a useful one in this context implying, as it does, that something which feels like a lie is really little more than a slip of the tongue.

[color:red]

Still the Tuzla affair is politically damaging for Senator Clinton.

It helps her rival Barack Obama re-enforce his point that she is prone to exaggerate the value of her service as First Lady in her quest for the presidency.[/color]

BBC

Oh, dear ...

Obama a distant cousin of Bush

It has emerged that Barack Obama is a tenth cousin, once removed, of the man whose job he wants - George W Bush.

They are linked by Samuel Hinkley of Cape Cod, who died in 1662.

Mr Obama is also a distant cousin of the actor Brad Pitt while Hillary Clinton is related to Mr Pitt's girlfriend, Angelina Jolie.

The ties of the US Democratic rivals were established by a respected US genealogical organisation after three years' investigation.

Mrs Clinton and Mr Obama can also boast a long list of other famous relations.

Christopher Child, from the New England Historic Genealogical Society, says that the politicians' ancestries show they have more in common than they think.

Link

My grand dad was from Ireland. Shit! Does that mean I could be related to Fidel? :cussing:

HH

It's a very small island. Actually what I'd like to hear is that Fidel and RogueYam are related.

Where is the roguish one anyway?

Must have important duties over on the Free Republic site.

His Freeping talents are definitely being wasted on us.

Archived