And you thought Obama's run was over.

TheCorinthian

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Makes my stories of how I banged every girl in a beer bar for 14 hours straight one after another that I told Hugh Hoy and Old Hippie look remotely truthful. :nahnah:

Back in '00, what removed Gore permanently from my voting for him was he said his father used to sing him the union song. Older Americans on here will remember the commercials that went "...look for the Union label....". Problem is the song was written when he was an adult.

Politicians embellish their record. We all do on our resumes/cv's. The public allows for a little of it but this is a bit too much by Hillary. It also shows to me a bit of evidence that she's comfortable and has a history of lying. She did it too easily and made it look so believable which implies lying as a rule instead of an exception.

Corinthian, as someone serving in the dangerous area, forgetting polical parties, do you prefer the idea of "We pull out Jan 1 (or whatever date)" which is Obama's promise (I think) or McCain, "We'll pull when it's right to do so"

Not wanting this to descend into a Demo Vs Repub argument, remember Nixon was the one who pulled the troops out of Vietnam.

Just curious about what you, someone on the ground, would prefer.

Mr C apologises for being in Iraq under his avatar but I'm curious to know what he does there.

If he's military he's probably sick of it and would like to see a closure date but if he's a contractor he probably hopes it will last forever. $$$$$$$

It'll come down to "she said", "they said", "no they didn't", "yes she did".

Personally I think the swinging voter, the people who win or lose elections, won't give a rat's arse.

They know politicians lie so they're going to get a liar anyway so they'll be looking for things like a better economy and an honorable settlement in the Middle East rather than a few war stories that are a bit over the top.

Archived