Townhouse Baht 3-6 M

sidsanuk

Guys,

Have been looking around at appartments and houses in BKK, as my wife like most TGs wants to own a bit of Thailand for her future security in case I get run over by a bus! Just hope she is not driving :-(

Appartments seem to be a crazy price anywhere close to the CBD and to find a house at a reasonable price (under 10m) it seems we have to go about 2 hours out of town.

So plan B is to get a townhouse as an investment. Why? Because we have a business in BKK that could use it as an office.

We saw a nice new one out near Lad Phrao, but it is a bit far from the MRT. 10 min walk. Would like something closer to MRT or BTS if possible (5 min walk or less).

Any ideas on some good locations? Know of any new developments worth a look? Something along the new rail line to the Airport would be ideal. Don't want to sound to Thai, but would prefer new rather than second hand :-)

Any tips appreciated.

there are many developments going on down town or suburban.

just open your eyes there are many billboards about such developments, but usually they are in thai not in english!

also look on the websites of the developers.

the problem with townhouses is that you get VERY CLOSE to your neighbours!

Make sure the townhouse is zoned for a business.

I am sure there are loads of developments around. Sadly when in BKK I don't get much time to drive around.

The guy who was building the houses we looked at reckoned there is no need to worry about zoning for business? So is this bullshit?

Nope this is not bullshit for an office.

As long that your business is not manufacturing, or under BOI rules then there are no problems with having your house/private condo as the office.

(as long as your company is a private limited company, dont know the rules for public limited etc....)

You just have to go through quite a few requirements

and the biggest obstacle would be the landlord.

(if it is yourself then no problems)

I do not give the whole list of legal requirements as they might be outdated (8months ago) but I had no problem setting up the office in my condo although I was renting it.

Strange as my girlfriend would like the same security -> house/condo.

So we settled for a townhouse in nonthaburi

-> 600K bht.......

Of course this is not a luxury house

but I am still looking for more info about the best ways to find deals on condos.

I looked at with a friend wanting to buy, a brand new townhouses on Lad Proa 41, 3.5 million, 3 bedroom, very nicely done, a little small for my taste, VERY high ceilings which I liked.

They also had 4 story 6 bedrooms, very very nice Office?home buildings, 8 million baht.

Go to Bangkok bank web site (add a .com) or Krungsri.com for Ayutia bank, they list many places they want to sell form 100 - 120% finance.

MANY place new under 10 Million,

I also use my house and old colndo as office, not a problem, need to make sure you have the signs done properly,

When I was there nearly a year ago there were some new properties going up near RCA that were close to the new airport BTS line that were worth a look. Also some in a place called "UdonSuk" (I think) that are on around Sukumvit 105, which will be a lot close r in travel time once the skytrain gets extended.

Cheers

Archived