Thai brothel

Night_Rider

Stickman ran an article about he and a buddy checking out a Thai brothel out in the boonies some time ago. I thought that might be worth a night out if I could figure out how to go about it. He said they were white skinned girls from Chiang Mai and very different to the Issaan experience. Does anyone have experience with local brothels specifically in Bangkok as I'll be there in a few days time?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As prostitution is illegal in Thailand, there're just 2 brothels - one in Bangkok and one in Pattaya - and those places have owners who can protect their investments. Else you just buy massage or barfine a girl and compensating the bar for the employee.

Why would you want to go to a brothel or Lady Home as the are known? The girls in these places are owned by the brothel and not there of their own free will (unlike bars), i.e., they are slaves.

Myself and some mates were taken to one a few times in July 1988 on our first trip to LOS. We didn't understand what they were at the time but I like to think that I would have chosen to go elsewhere if I had known.

I later discovered that the Thai guy who took us there would not go to the likes of Patpong or Cowboy, because they were not respectable places, but he regularly frequented brothels. :confused:

The girls in these places are owned by the brothel and not there of their own free will (unlike bars)' date=' i.e., they are slaves.[/quote']

Some, undoubtedly....the majority? no chance.

Maybe things have changed since 1988 but, based on my actual experience, that was the case then.

Archived